Accidentally calling ex and feeling awful.

I had been dating this guy for 2 1/2, we broke up 5 months ago. It wasn't bad, but I told him I did not want to talk to him. Then seen him at the college we go to then eventually we began to converse in person and we tend to tease, compliment, and laugh at each other. At one point I gave a handmade gift for his birthday and he thought of returning the favor. In the end I always feel great afterward when we talk in person.

Tonight I tried texting him we went on for a few minutes, but then he stopped. Didn't think much and I pocket dialed him. We spent four minutes finishing up this whole debate on if people are naturally good or bad. We had bad reception, it felt really awkward and I literally felt my face heating up. After we said goodbye I've been feeling sick to my stomach. I feel like I messed up badly, because I could tell in his voice he was tired.

Why is that in person I feel on top of the world, but through texting/calling I feel like I am going to throw up when I talk to him? I know for sure that this was almost as awkward for him as it was for me.

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 1

• You somehow like him yet at the same time you realize it will never be the same... Breaking up makes a lot of the magic go away. Even if people get back together ... it takes a lot of effort from both. You didn't mess up cause you called, but you have to understand he's an ex right now and he might do things that will make you feel unwanted EVEN if that's not his intention.

Maybe he sees you as nothing more than a friend and his behavior towards you will be accordingly to that. On the other hand you might expect something more from him and be mad when he doesn't make it to your expectations.

So try to figure out what you want from him, then what he feels about this whole thing, so you can be on the same page and avoid miscommunication.

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 0

Be the first girl to share an opinion
and earn 1 more Xper point!

Recommended myTakes