Do girls break up with guys and then expect them to crawl back?

My ex of a year broke up with me and said we could still be friends.

I did not feel comfortable with this arrrangement so I initially said no.

However, a few months of nc passed, and she and I travel in similar circles.

I decided to at least try to be friendly with her when I would run into her. She was cordial enough back to me. But, one time, she seemed to ber flirting with another guy in my presence. I kept my cool and remained civil. However, I decided then that it was time to date/socialize other women, even though I was not prepared to jump into something serious.

Anyway, my new social life got back to my ex, and the next time I approached her to say hello, she was very rude and cold towards.

What gives?

She said she wanted to remain friends. She is the one who broke us up.

She did tell me during the relationship how various guys would hit on her/chase her.

When we broke up, she told me that she had exes, even currently married ones, who would call her for potential hookups.

When I heard all this, I was determined to never ask for her back no matter how much I wanted her. I simply did not want to feed that ego. Besides, I previously tried (at the time of the initial breakup and before she told me about her lingering exes) and she said no.

Still, does anyone believe a woman like this expects to be chased, even when she said she wanted me to go away?

Maybe she had a change of heart of a few months of nc and was waiting for me to make a move? I dunno. I do know she became upset when I seemed to move on.

Thoughts?

44

Most Helpful Girl

• My advice to you is that is not a woman. That is an insecure childish 20-30 something year old.

She is too self involved to have an actual relationship with anyone other than herself.

If she truly cared about you, she would have respected you and not flaunted it in your face about those other guys asking for hook-ups, would not have flirted in front of you.

Do you really want to be with someone like that?

It seems as if she gets her self worth from flirting and sexual activities.

It's a house of glass and one day it will come crashing down and hopefully she will realize that's not the way to get self esteem before that happens.

She broke up with you? Then she said things that were hurtful? Then she did things out of spite?

C'mon dude, what do YOU think you should do?

• yeah..thanks for the much needed slap in the face.

• It honestly wasn't intended that way. I was merely trying to point out reasons why you should NOT crawl back to someone like that.

Because you deserve better.

• I know..i appreciate that..it's sad that it had to end this way. I really did care for her, but if her post break up words and actions display her true colors, I guess I am better off in the long run.