Controversial: If your husband had a child from an affair, what would you do?

So if you were a married woman and your husband had an affair that resulted in a child, what would you do?

Would you divorce him? Stay with him but not allow the child in the house? Stay with him and demand he cut off all contact with the mistress/child? Welcome him back with child in tow? If you already had kids with him would that make a difference? If you had kids, would you feel comfortable with integrating this other child into your family?

None of this applies to me, but one of my friend's parents is dealing with this situation right now and it's making me curious about what people would do.
  • Leave him forever
  • Take him back, allow him contact with child only, but banish child from your home
  • Take him back and require zero contact with mistress/child
    Vote C
  • Take him back and welcome child
    Vote D
  • No idea what I would do
    Vote E

52

Most Helpful Girl

• Hand that son of a bitch divorce papers. Even if he had an affair that DIDN'T result in a child he'd be getting divorce papers and I'd be hauling ass out of that house. He can do whatever the hell he wants with that kid after that but I sure as hell won't be in the picture.

• I honestly wonder why this is considered controversial. It's pretty black and white to me.

• some people think it's cruel hearted to choose to stay with the man but to not accept his bastard kid.