Is it weird to still be friends with your ex?

I broke up with my ex the day before new years eve because he got way too clingy and over protective (among other things) but we ended on a good note... Talked things out and we're still really good friends. We're still talking a lot and we still go to each other when we need advice or anything and we still hang out. I don't have any feelings towards him anymore but some of my friends think it's weird and awkward that I had out with my ex and say that I'm leading him on. They say it's more normal if I gave him a break after the break up and slowly become friends again but instead I went straight from relationship to friends.

Do you think it's weird?

22

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't think it's necessarily weird, but I can say from experience that being friends with ex's (9 out of 10 times) never works. There is usually always someone who is still interested in the other person, and is just holding on to this "friendship" to still be close to the person.

But if you two are really just friends, I say ignore what other people are saying. It isn't their life or decision.

• It never works because you are playing Russian Roulette by hanging around somebody that you KNOW you are attracted to. The few times that it does work are usually because the opportunity never properly presented itself.