Why do you think a guy would try and leave something extremely sentimental behind after a breakup?

My boyfriend broke up with me almost a week ago. We had a blast,but he also has some insecurity issues and I believe that to be the culprit. Anyway,he knows that I love Snoopy,so when he visited his home in Europe he brought back a cute keychain pouch that has Snoopy on it. He has had that pouch for 20YEARS! Inside the pouch he put little trinkets that represented love,luck,wealth etc. Even a small pebble that he got from a special vacation he took.

He of course didn't say why he wanted to part ways,but when I gave the pouch back...along with keys to his apt,he asked will,"Will you at least take the keychain pouch?" I said,"I can't do that."

Why do you think he would want to leave something so sentimental behind? To me it doesn't make sense.

Most Helpful Guy

• For the same reason why a woman would do it to a man - to make you think of them. Whether that is out of spite, or some wish to get back together is something we can't tell you, because we don't know them.

What Guys Said 1

• Strange that he'd break up with you and do that.

Perhaps he was FORCED -somehow- maybe by you pushing his boundaries, to let you go. Even though he still really cares.

Anyway, my ex sent me the first bracelet I ever gave her back. But other pieces of jewelry which meant a lot more to her.

What do you think that says?

What Girls Said 1

• I dunno. Perhaps as a parting gift to say "I'm sorry I broke your heart."

My last boyfriend did something similar. I think it's a way to ease their own guilt, especially if they like you as a person and just don't want to be with you.