Why can't I forget her?

There's this girl on my course who split up with her ex around 7 months ago and started chasing me. we would text and chat and hook up in town alot. she was always telling me how much she really likes me, would always ask me out on dates and said she hoped we would be together. thing is I think she's back in contact with her ex who cheated on her and I don't see her desire for him, he's nothing special and all her friends told her I would be a step up. Basically she told me she just wants to be "friends" as she's confused.

Anyway for the life of me I can't get her out my head its been 3 weeks and I've been out a number of times and got numbers of some really beautiful women, my friends say prettier than this girl. but I never send follow up texts to them as I feel no desire towards them. she's all I think about, everytime I see her in class I just feel this deep heavy feeling when I look at her and just want her so bad. I just want to forget about her and move on its starting to drag me down. does anyone have any tips?

10