How to I stop being angry over being used?

I'm not in love with her anymore by any means. It's been a little over a year and change since we last talked to each other or saw each other. For the most part I can go through most days without thinking much about her or what happened. But when it does cross my mind, I still get so angry about it.

While I saw her for who she was and why she was really doing what she was doing, despite knowing the reality of the situation and not letting it interfere with my personal life or dating life anymore, despite accepting the fact that I was used and it wasn't something I brought on myself/deserved, whenever I think of her and what happened I still get so angry.

How do I stop being angry about it?

What Girls Said 1

• Theres a saying that goes "when you're happy you can forgive a whole lot" meaning in time when you have other things going on and are in a better place you won't care about this.. in the meantime its natural to be pissed off, just don't dwell on it, try to ignore it or change your thoughts when they come up. I'm dealing with a similar scenario and I'm just trying t focus on my career right now.. I'm angry but when I get super upset I just turn on the TV or go work out and let my mind g elsewhere. good luck

What Guys Said 1

• I had a similar problem with feeling angry. I felt insecure, like I had a weakness that let me be used. This made me feel angry at everything for a while until I realized why I was angry. I needed to become a stronger man, that I could be proud of. I still have a ways to go, but I am doing much better now and not getting angry as often. Maybe it might help you to improve your overall view of yourself.

• Nah, I don't feel insecure at all or weak. She was a beautiful woman who was not new to acting this way and basically I got blinded by my feelings. It happens to the best of us. But when I think of her I get angry at her. I feel like "You know what, f**k her. She used me and took advantage, she knew how I felt and did it anyway. F**ck her." Like just that sort of rage AT her.

• Maybe you feel like you let yourself be used, by not paying attention to the red flags, or letting yourself fall in love too quickly. It may even be that she simply deserves your anger and it will take time for you to get over it.