Is it too early to start dating again?

So,

My ex boyfriend and I broke up a few days ago. He started the conversation but in the end the break was mutual. We have had a difficult relationship for a long time. Back in October he cheated on me. We broke up. He continued things with her. We got back together a little before Christmas. All in all we have broke up two times since Christmas, so this last time was not a shocker.

I have not been happy for a long time. I feel like if I start seeing someone else it will keep me from moping around like in our last break ups (which there are many over our relationship that lasted 7 years.But I have never been with anyone else.

Do you think it is too early to date again? I am thinking of asking a guy out at the gym I think is really cute? (and I know him outside the gym too). So is only like a week or two too early after such a long relationship?

11

Most Helpful Guy