How to cope with a serious break-up?

I'll save you the details, really would just rather avoid them. It's been awhile, but like every breakup, there are still moments where you look back..and just think on it. It was a mess really...don't know where it went wrong, but..it sure as Hell did. Now we don't talk, won't talk. She thinks I'm Satan, for lack of a better term. See, I did love her, with all my heart. I tried, so hard to keep things going, begged for a second chance, but it just wasn't the same. Now, here I am, locked in sorrow and thought. No where to go, nothing to do. So, reason why I am here, is to ask what some of you do in order to...well, keep it at bay? Try and stay happy, or just get that fake smile. Every second I think about her, the past, the love we shared. It kills me, now that it is gone. What can I do? I really could use some help.

71

Most Helpful Girl

• Don't try and stuff your feelings away because bottling it up and pasting on a smile for friends and family won't help you. Be honest, tell people that you're doing okay, and realize that some days are better than others. What I do is accept (as hard as it is) that the relationship is over, but realize that you met for a reason, she was a part of your life and didn't want to give it another go. Time will help you move forward but try not to glance back at the past to often. Just realize that you are a wonderful person and have a lot to give... to someone else. What I would recommend doing, is go out with friends, go bowling or dancing etc. Maybe think about finding a new hobby or something, go running, try painting etc, something that you've wanted to do but haven't had time or something before. Just be brave and know that it may be hard now, but that it will, get better.