Would you feel comfortable giving your ex advice about the new guy in her life?

My ex and I broke up over a year ago. We didn't end on a bad note, I just wanted a more serious relationship and he didn't. A few months ago he text me for the first time since our break-up to say Hi and let me know he moved to my neighborhood. We started texting as friends again and talked about getting together for a drink. About two weeks ago we did meet up for a drink and spent 2 really comfortable hours just chatting. Way less stressful than when we were dating. When we said goodbye, he said it would be fun to do this again and I agreed. We didn't mention anything about either of our dating lives.

A few months ago, I started had seeing someone. This new guy and I haven't defined anything mostly because he is deployed overseas for a few months. Long distance is one thing, but out of the country seems a lot harder. I'm still interested in the new guy and we email almost weekly.

Would it be weird if I asked my ex about this new guy. Things like "what might he want to hear" or "what does it mean when he says_______". Guys, would you feel awkward talking to your ex about her potential new relationship with someone else?

14

Most Helpful Guy

• Honestly I'd probably prefer not to, but I'm just that kind of person... I give advice and I want to see my ex's happy even if it means them dating someone else. So I probably would give my ex's advice, in fact I have done in the past. I wouldn't say many guys would be the same though, there will be a few but many will still hold a bit of jealousy.