Would you feel comfortable giving your ex advice about the new guy in her life?

My ex and I broke up over a year ago. We didn't end on a bad note, I just wanted a more serious relationship and he didn't. A few months ago he text me for the first time since our break-up to say Hi and let me know he moved to my neighborhood. We started texting as friends again and talked about getting together for a drink. About two weeks ago we did meet up for a drink and spent 2 really comfortable hours just chatting. Way less stressful than when we were dating. When we said goodbye, he said it would be fun to do this again and I agreed. We didn't mention anything about either of our dating lives.

A few months ago, I started had seeing someone. This new guy and I haven't defined anything mostly because he is deployed overseas for a few months. Long distance is one thing, but out of the country seems a lot harder. I'm still interested in the new guy and we email almost weekly.

Would it be weird if I asked my ex about this new guy. Things like "what might he want to hear" or "what does it mean when he says_______". Guys, would you feel awkward talking to your ex about her potential new relationship with someone else?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Honestly I'd probably prefer not to, but I'm just that kind of person... I give advice and I want to see my ex's happy even if it means them dating someone else. So I probably would give my ex's advice, in fact I have done in the past. I wouldn't say many guys would be the same though, there will be a few but many will still hold a bit of jealousy.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 3

• My ex knows me extremely well and often gives good advice. However I wouldn't ask her for dating advice. For one thing, she is pretty biased about that and not really free to give truly objective advice. For another thing, I don't think that she is especially strong in relationships. So unless you are certain that he is both objective and has a sound grasp of who relationships work, I wouldn't turn to him for advice.

0|0
    0|0
  • If you were very serious with each other - then no I would definitely not like it. It's a slap in the face.

0|0
    0|0

• it's okay...you are just friends now and you can ask him...it may make him jealous too

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

• There's no real reason for you to talk to him about your new potential relationship. Do you not have other guy friends? Are you subconsciously trying to ask your ex about this new guy just to show that you have " moved on"? You haven't even been talking to him for that long either. Cultivate a REAL friendship before talking about such things. It doesn't seem like an innocent conversation topic to me. Just my opinion.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes