Do girls like to have another guy lined up before breaking up with there current significant other?

I have a friend that mentioned this and I was somewhat surprised when most of my other friends (including women) agreed. I wanted to get some opinions on here. What he specifically said was that women hate being single, and will continue to date a guy that they have lost interest in, until another one is found. That breaking up, and being single is not a favorable option. True?

94

Most Helpful Girl

• I think it depends on the woman. I personally have been single for 8 months. I am generally a little too picky so when I break up with someone I tend to stay single for awhile to weed out any copy-cat boyfriends or just because I need some time to get over the previous relationship. A friend of mine on the other hand seems to be with one guy then start dating a new guy like a 'trial period', when she's bored of the old one, then just kinda transitions into leaving the old one for the new one and repeats that cycle every few months.