Do girls like to have another guy lined up before breaking up with there current significant other?

I have a friend that mentioned this and I was somewhat surprised when most of my other friends (including women) agreed. I wanted to get some opinions on here. What he specifically said was that women hate being single, and will continue to date a guy that they have lost interest in, until another one is found. That breaking up, and being single is not a favorable option. True?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I think it depends on the woman. I personally have been single for 8 months. I am generally a little too picky so when I break up with someone I tend to stay single for awhile to weed out any copy-cat boyfriends or just because I need some time to get over the previous relationship. A friend of mine on the other hand seems to be with one guy then start dating a new guy like a 'trial period', when she's bored of the old one, then just kinda transitions into leaving the old one for the new one and repeats that cycle every few months.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 8

• Some girls do and those girls usually have intimacy issues or Daddy issues.
    I don't think it's healthy to jump right into a relationship after one just ended. It can make the whole romance thing seem more like a game and less like a genuine experience.

Personally, I need at least a good three months full of thrilling, wonderfully designed, beautiful experiences and some time to appreciate life in various ways before I even begin thinking about another relationship.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's true for like 60% of girls. until the girl learns to be happy by herself..which usually happens close to her 30s. Basically she doesn't really know what she wants, so she dates around until she finds the perfect guy for her.

0|1
    0|0
  • Oh no. I don't like having a rebound around after I have broken up with my ex, not cool. I enjoy being single because I enjoy my freedom so that theory about women hating being single is false. I believe having time to yourself cures everything. I've been going through this stage where I don't want to be caught and be in a relationship just yet because I want to see if I can find someone who is more compatible for me. I guess it's because I'm young.

0|1
    0|0
    • Not cause your young. Your smart. I am 43 and have not dated for 2 years now by choice. It is amazing what taking time away does for a women.

• I haven't dated in 3 years. looking to piece my life together and get more stable before I date again! :)

• It depends on the type of girl. Some girls just cannot handle being single so they tend to have someone lined up. Those who are fine with being single and use it as an opportunity to find themselves will most likely not have someone lined up.

0|0
    0|0
  • I hate it about myself but I can honestly say that before my current relationship I never skipped a beat when breaking up with someone...always had a backup in mind or ready and waiting...

0|0
    0|0
  • FALSE. Truly it depends on the age of the women and if maturity has kicked in. I have never ever been like this. I always ended one relationship before starting another. I got divorced 3 years ago and 2 years ago I made the decision to leave the dating scene and get myself, my life in order. I have been happier then I have ever been in my life during this time. So I guess it all depends on the maturity of the women and whether she is a strong women or weak. Weak women need a man, where us strong ones do not.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's for the most part true! It also depends on the girl, not every girl is the same. But, for the majority it's true. Girls in general are insecure and by having a boyfriend, it's their way of getting affection and feeling loved even if they don't like the guy. Also, not all girls know what they want and don't know what they want out of a relationship. From society, it tells people that it is better to be In a relationship, so that's what some girls strive for because they will be liked even more, even with their insecurity.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't do that, I don't think its right

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 4

• It depends on the girl. A good majority of my female "friends" flit from "relationship" to "relationship." They'll date for a month, then some issue will come up, and they be broken up and within the week, there's a new "boyfriend." It seems like these are more... "public" confessions of devotion, undying never-ending love and within a few weeks, they hate each other.

I would say that there's being social is great.

Going out is great (if there's not a serious commitment)

Having a life, and to a point, being genuinely busy can be a good thing. Having an attitude of being busy (not waiting by the phone) - good ideas. But going from relationship to relationship isn't the healthiest. Usually these girls tend to be a bit "flaky." Man of these "serial dater" girls drop you and potential genuine friendship for the new boyfriend of the week. Many of the girls tend to have issues though, that lead them to be more interested in doing this sort of "temporarily committed" dating, though there may not be anything morally "wrong" about it.

I have tried to live a busy life. Have genuine friendships. Even with all of that, I don't understand how it would be possible to meet and get into a full relationship within 2 weeks, then do the same thing all over again, even for "bragging rights." I even take a while to find someone I'm that interested in truly getting to know, let alone jump into a relationship without getting to know them.

0|0
    0|0
  • There are girls who feel that if they are single, they are "defective." These types of girls feel that if they have to say they don't have a boyfriend in front of their friends that they will be ultimately embarrassed. These girls typically have codependency issues as well.

0|0
    0|0
  • More girls do this than they admit or even realize!... and girls wonder why guys gets mistrusting when she makes "male friends" AFTER they an official couple, right?

0|0
    0|0
  • Both sexes do it and sometimes it seems that way but it isn't. Some people do not need a long time to mourn and some realize that life is short and just move on quickly.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes