I'm so confused, what should I do about him?

I'm really, really conflicted so I'd appreciate any help at all!

I thought this guy liked me for a while based on several signs he'd been giving me. Because I didn't want to miss out on a chance I told him that I wanted to get to know him better. Well some time passed apart from each other and I was hoping he'd make a move after but nothing ever happened.

We've continued talking but he's been talking to and sitting with this other girl a lot. There's been a lot of teasing and joking back and forth between them that makes me think that they're interested in each other, so I decided to leave it alone and move on.

But for some reason he's still talking to me - he always says my name when he talks to me and never does this with her. He's started to tease me a little and always with this big smile on his face. There's been a few times where he's lingered near me, glancing over like he clearly wants to say something to me but he can't think of what. He also has complimented me (which I haven't heard him do to the other girl). It seems like between them there's this constant play-arguing, mocking and sarcasm but he's more serious around me, and lately he's started teasing me about my shyness.

It's killing me because I really like the guy, but if he's interested in this other girl I just want to forget about it all and move on instead of wasting my time, and I don't want to interfere if he likes this other girl. But I don't know what to think about the whole situation. What should I do?

01