#LoveYourself
VALENTINE'S DAY

Why is my ex so determined to stay friends?

So my ex broke up with me about a year ago. About two weeks later we started this on again, off again friends with benefits relationship. Well it got to the point I couldn't handle it anymore. He treated me like a girlfriend, and said I love you among doing other things. So I told him either we're exclusive or we're no longer friends- and I'm not talking to you. He told me that he didn't want to be exclusive, but he was very insistent that we stay friends. He said that he didn't want to lose me. I told him no, and I still haven't spoken to him. So on Valentine's day he texted any happy Valentine's day and that he hoped my night went well. Thentoday he texted me that he got game of thrones season 3, and he hopes I'll talk to him some time. Why does he keep contacting me? Why is he so determined to stay friends?

32

Most Helpful Girl

• Lets get something straight here...HE didn't start a "FWB" thing...you BOTH did. That is the worst thing to do if you actually was hoping to get him back,or truly be friends with him.You allowed him to sleep with you without having everything else a positive relationship would have. Girls always do this thinking he will change his mind down the road when he is not. Instead he is going out and dating whomever he wants and getting familiar sex from YOU...that is until he finds another girlfriend. He wants to be friends so badly so you can stroke his ego (since he clearly knows you still want him),so he can keep tabs on you,and to possibly continue getting free familiar sex. That's about it. Why? Because if he truly wanted to be with you...he WOULD be with you.

if I were you,I wouldn't have anything to say to him for a longggggggggg time. Good luck.

• Ok 1. Even though he won't agree to be exclusive, he hasn't been with anyone else. 2. Yes WE started a friends with benefits relationship. I never said he. I thought it was just going to be sex with a friend, but he gave me signs that it was more, so I became more attached. He let me spend the night and sleep in. He said I love you several times. things like that. I even dated a couple other guys, and he would always point or that they were jerks, and I deserve someone else

• I stick to my opinion. If he wanted to be with you...he would be with you. Good Luck.

Valentines Day

What Guys Said 2

• You are important to him. You guys had a strong connection and he does not want to loose the love of his life. He wants to still be friends with you because your presencs makes him happy.

• Because he is needy , clingy and wants a extra fuck ;)

What Girls Said 2

• That's a little unfair on your part not to want to be friend if you can't make a relationship work? You both agreed to the friends with benefits thing so it's not like he's "done you wrong"? He obviously doesn't want a relationship but more than likely wants to remain friends because he thinks he might get sex from time to time..

Tell him that you're not going to have sex with him anymore, then ask him if he still wants to be "friends" ? lol...if he he still does, he really wants to keep you as a friend.

• He doesn't want to have sex. He said he never should have had sex with me again if it meant we couldn't be friends. But I can't be friends with him. When he starts seeing someone new it will destroy me. Also being friends I'll always wonder why I wasn't good enough to be the girlfriend. That's why I tools him we can't be friends, and I'm not speaking to him

• I guess if you feel that strongly about it then you're doing the right thing. Tell him to leave you alone.

• Sounds like he doesn't want the commitment of a relationship, but he doesn't want to lose you. I wouldn't return contact until he either gives up or decides to give you the commitment of a relationship that you want.

Valentines Day