How do I leave some one I love?

how do I dump some one I love?

he drinks to much and has been very self destructive... he won't let me help him and he yells when he's mad.

I should leave him and I know it but I'm having a hard time.. how do I do it?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Realise what is going on with him, and realize that he is a huge Anchor that drags you down and he WILL drag you down to the seafloor if you won't let him go. Think of yourself and your family ( YOUR FAMILY if you still love them). How would your family feel if they knew that you are going down because of I'm sorry to say loser and he is a Loser #1 because he can't even control his life threatening addiction. Right now you have to go not with your heart, but with your mind or it's going to be too late. Trust me, it will be too late for him eventually, people like him never learn until life teaches them a hard way and I think you know what hard way for those kind of people is.

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 3

• Tell him that his constant drinking is bothering you and that if he continues to persist then he will lose you.

0|0
    0|0
  • The best it to find a way to put separation between you two. If it is someone you work with or see on a regular basis - its going to be hard. Its tough too if you share friends.

You are doing the right thing. Yes, people can change - but too many people have gotten deeper into unproductive relationships waiting around for someone to shape up.

I think you need to find him when he's not drinking, calm and be honest.

'I'm sorry, I do like you and have enjoyed some of our time together but lately it has not been enjoyable for me. I need to move on and wish you all the best. I know this may not be what you want to hear but please respect my decision.'

You can't just flip the switch on love but removing yourself from someone does mute the feelings over time.

I wish the very best for you and hope you can cut the cord and don't end up with him continuing to pursue you. Hugs!

0|0
    0|0
  • Just pack your shit and just go before you become his punching bag ;)

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 2

• I think if you really love him you should tell him that if this behaviour doesn't cease then you will have to finish things. If he persists then break with him and tell him if he seeks help and changes his ways you will reconcile. Tough love is what he needs at the moment by the sound of things. If he feels he can continue and still have you I doubt things will change. If you make yourself the reward for his change if he really loves you believe me he will change!

0|0
    0|0
  • go speak to a therapist. until you develop the TRUE desire to leave, you won't, know matter how bad he is.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes