I thought time was supposed to heal

So I haven't seen or talked to this guy in a few months. When we stopped talking to each other (which was his idea) I was a little relieved, because I knew that we needed time apart. I honestly thought, though, that with time, I would forget about him, but I've actually started to miss him more and more, even though I am talking to someone else, who is really nice. I will admit, that in the beginning of us being apart, I just missed being with someone. That's gone away, and I now just miss the guy. I miss talking to him and seeing him, not just the attention and physical stuff he gave me.

Has this ever happened to you? Did you ever get back with this person or let them know you missed them? What happened?

11