I thought time was supposed to heal

So I haven't seen or talked to this guy in a few months. When we stopped talking to each other (which was his idea) I was a little relieved, because I knew that we needed time apart. I honestly thought, though, that with time, I would forget about him, but I've actually started to miss him more and more, even though I am talking to someone else, who is really nice. I will admit, that in the beginning of us being apart, I just missed being with someone. That's gone away, and I now just miss the guy. I miss talking to him and seeing him, not just the attention and physical stuff he gave me.

Has this ever happened to you? Did you ever get back with this person or let them know you missed them? What happened?

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 1

• Well, absence can make the heart fonder, I suppose. Yes, that has happened to me. I found once I got over the broken heart hill, I missed them less and less. I never got back with that person because she would never have me back. I never let her know I missed her because it could only serve to make her uncomfortable. Besides, she was smart enough to know I missed her.

If you feel that there is a chance you could patch things up, by all means go ahead and contact him. However, usually we leave people for a reason, or they leave us. More than likely that's the case. Try and put yourself in his shoes. If he isn't into you, then telling him you miss him, while a very tender and human sentiment, might not serve any purpose other than to make him feel sad.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

• I think the initial reason you missed him was the REAL reason. ...you missed being with "someone". Its human nature to want what we can't have,also...he essentially rejected YOU so now you want him even more. Also,I think that you haven't necessarily found someone who has fulfilled that missing part of your life.

I think you need to continue to give it time. Its only been a few months. Work on bettering yourself. You're not necessarily into this new guy if you are trying to rush yourself to get over someone else. Not everything happens overnight. So give yourself time to truly get over your ex guy because its not fair to the new guy...good luck.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes