#LoveYourself
VALENTINE'S DAY

Unexpected break-up! Please help!

This is going to be long but I honestly don't know what to do, please help me if you can!

I've known my boyfriend for two years and we've been really good friends. I'm 18 and he's 20, so there isn't a big age difference. We've been going out for more than a month, yes it's not that much, but there's been some chemistry between us before. There was a party back in January and it just happened that we got a little bit drunk, we joked around, danced and shared a kiss and couldn't let go off each other during the whole party. He's not a player and he didn't intend to have a one-night stand. He just said he wanted to kiss me and we did. He confessed his feelings to me after the party and we decided to date. He told me he liked me since summer , I actually had a crush on him too. Sadly, we lived 60 miles away from each other so we couldn't exactly be together every day. But he was okay with it, we visited each other every weekend. It was a first relationship both to me and to him but we understood each other clearly and had so much fun. I'm a very shy person and I hardly open up to people, but with him it felt so natural, I didn't have to act something out or think of a topic, we just talked, joked around, like we did before the relationship. He texted me pretty often too, just like I did. He said he missed me and always waited for us to meet. When we were hanging out he would always hold my hand and hug me or kiss me. My feelings grew into something more and I'm sure his too(our mutual friends said they had never seen him so happy and bright). Today I texted him if he wanted to speak via Skype on webcam and he didn't reply. After a while he wrote that he doesn't think our relationship will work out, that he did love me since summer and that our time spent together was lovely but he doesn't feel anything to me anymore and he's serious and will not change his mind. When I asked him if there was a reason, he told me that everything was alright, I was really great, he just doesn't feel anything anymore. He wasn't mean at all, he begged to forgive him. I'm not a bad girlfriend, I'm not clingy, I text him as much as he does and give him the attention he wants, I realize he needs space and I give it to him when I see that he's not in the mood. What could have happened? It's not a thing a guy suddenly realizes, he must have thought of this before, but would a guy, who is losing interest, drive 60 miles to his girlfriend on Valentine's day just so see her and make her feel special? I mean, it's only been a week, what could've possibly changed? I still have feeling for him and I'm still waiting for a miracle to happen, I know it's too naive but I just can't cope with this. This month has been the best in my life and this day completely ruined it. I really need your help, please.

20

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 2

• A. He met someone else

B. He secretly is a player

C. The distance is too much.

D. His feelings just stopped.

Take your pick. I'm inclined to think A happened. Or C. 60 miles is a lot for such a young relationship to endure.

What should you do?

Respect his decision and lick your wounds for a bit, then get back out there and find someone else - preferably closer than 60 miles and move on.

In any case I'm sorry this happened to you and I wish you luck in your future relationships.

• Thank you very much!

I'm not really into relationships, so I'm good without a boyfriend. I'm more wrecked because he was just like a male version of me. He wasn't perfect, a bit insane(in a good way) and that was just what I needed - both a friend and a boyfriend. I believe I won't be ready for a relationship for a very long time.

• Meh. Relationships end., just find someone else. New people are exciting! :) He's probably starting to get old at this point anyway, am I right? lol.. Just sayin', time to move on.