I guess I was wrong handling the breakup!

i broke up with my boyfriend at the end of January. I thought I can handle my emotions well, so my sister told me "sometimes that doesn't work. three weeks from now all the emotions will come back one day and get in the way of what your doing." and they did yesterday but how do I know that it's really all about the break up I mean I was the one who broke up with him. I never knew emotions from the person who broke up with there boyfriend or girlfriend gets in the way of your daily life. I want to move on but I don't know how to I guess yesterday I had a big fight with my parents and I've been cooped up in the apartment since this weather in NYC has been nuts. I'm not regreting that I broke up with him because we were in the honeymoon phase what the hell is with all these emotions I mean girls pms all the time but we don't use that as an excuse for our emotions. sorry I think I am all over the place. there are a lot of questions in this topic if you can understand this and answer it I really need some advice!
I wish there can be more then one person with best answer I don't know that only one had to but you also have best answers all three of you do! I wish I can click on all of them so it's only fair that you don't have just one person maybe more it all is for getting Xper points but I say that Best answer is for the advice I've been given!

31

Most Helpful Girl

• The one thing you have to understand is,most often when two people breakup,the DUMPER and the dumpee have strong emotions regarding it. But the dumpee of course will probably feel awful because they have been rejected. The dumper feels fine maybe with little emotion in the beginning,but over time other emotions arise especially if the dumpee is not begging to be taken back. The point is,you were in a relationship with someone and it is still...a loss. Stop reading online articles about the "Honeymoon phase" etc etc. Its bulls#it trust me. Just because you guys broke up early on,it does NOT Mean that suddenly your feelings will be less. It is more than possible for people to form a strong bond in a couple of months! I'm not saying your bond was strong,I'm saying you were with this person so it only makes sense for there to be emotions involved. You probably just buried yours right after the breakup and now its rearing its ugly head.

Secondly,I sometimes blame hormones for causing my emotions to go crazy...because it is HORMONES causing my emotions to go insane sometimes close to my menstrual cycle. With that said,allow yourself to FEEL. The sooner you do this,the better. Good luck.

• Thanks for BA.

• and I mean I put my relationship status single but now he hasn't changed his to single

• Girl,I'm saying this with all due respect. I'm on a tiny phone trying to help you and answer your questions. But I have a great deal of difficulty reading something if there is no thought to using punctuation. It makes everything you're attempting to explain sound scrambled and confusing. So if you want my advice,write it out so I can understand what you're saying. Otherwise,good luck.