Should I confess that I still have feelings for him?

I met this amazing guy a little over 2 years ago before he left for the military. We dated a little over a year before our strong feelings got in the way of the fact that we couldn't be together exclusively because of timing and distance. We even talked about marriage someday. It was pretty complicated. We broke it off almost 11 months ago and we still stayed friends and both kept in touch here and there. I saw him again over the holidays and we had a great time, like nothing changed. My feelings for him never went away, even though there were days I thought I would be OK. He was my first love, everything I wanted in someone. Not to quote him but we both expressed interest in something happening in the future, but told me not to wait, so its hard to see it as over.The guys I met after him pale in comparison. I know if a guy wants to be with you he will do whatever, but I feel like I need to get this off my chest, not expecting anything in return. Or maybe to finally know if I should move on.

21

Most Helpful Guy

• Sounds like he just wanted to have fun while in the military. That's why he told you not to wait for him.

So you ended the relationship because it was "complicated"? If those complications have anything to do with cheating, flirting, him not giving you enough attention, you feeling lonely, etc. then I suggest you just get over it and find a knew guy.

If it was because of a distance thing and his being in the military, logistics stuff, then go ahead and talk to him. You have nothing to lose.

• Thanks, it was because of distance and all that. It was mutual too. And the guys I've been meeting just dont measure up.

• Hmm. Yes.. us good guys are few and far between ;o)