Would you wear things from your ex?

ladies, simple question.

would you or would you not wear things that your ex gave you over your time together? ie necklaces, watches, bracelets, etc..

why or why not?

thanks

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• i do...unless it was personalized just for us as a couple then heck no. other than that, I see no reason to let a perfectly good pair of ____to go to waste. I wear his tie too...it has kitties on it :o

i even keep the hand written stuff and everything cause it was cute. it was my past. I have no reason to throw away my past. that and I mayy be a hoarder lol

but seriously. how can I throw away a perfectly good pair of clothes or stuff animals I find extremely cute? or throw away their handmade necklace that they melted down for me... that I already broke it cause it was ugly lol I plan to melt it down to use the metal for other stuff. but hey I'm reusing it and I still have it. still counts

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 7

• It kinda depends. I still wear a bracelet that my ex gave me but then again, were best friends. I guess its just different for everybody. Another example would be my friend who broke up with her boyfriend a little while ago, she really wanted her stuff back and she really wanted to give his stuff back to him too. I hope this helps, sorry if it doesn't :)

0|0
    0|0
  • I'd wear them. Even though I had broken up with someone doesn't mean I'm not going to wear something they gave me lol. Gifts are gifts. Unless it is something that represents us two as a couple. For example, if we had custom made heart necklaces that when you put them together, they fit perfectly. If it was something like that, then I wouldn't wear it. But other than that, I don't see a problem with it.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm pretty sure I wouldn't wear them anymore. I tend to attach to people and to things very easily, and, even if I broke up with him and don't think of him in "that way" anymore, the things he gave me will still remind me of what was between us in the past.
    If **I'm** wearing something I received from someone, it's clear that I'm not doing it just for fashion purposes exclusively. It's because the gift reminds me of that person who gave it to me.
    So I would continue to treasure the gifts, but I'll just keep them somewhere in a drawer and admire them from afar if feeling like it. Why? Just for the sake of not ever looking back and/or avoiding any misunderstanding as to how come I haven't moved on yet :)

0|1
    0|0
    • It's probably nothing, but my ex recently put up some pics on Facebook and she's wearing a necklace I gave her back when we were together (over a year ago now). It's not a fancy or incredibly personal thing, just a silver necklace with a Celtic knot charm. So would you wear something like that from an ex?

• Show All
    • To be honest, I don't have the time and mood to browse through her "site". On the other hand, if you select a few quotes that you find intriguing and post them here, I'll tell you what I think. Otherwise, sorry, but I won't.

• growth and change are painful, but nothing is as painful as staying stuck somewhere you dont belong.

its never too late to be whoever you want to be, and if you find you're not, have the strength to start over.

there just might be someone out there that wants to love your smallest quirks

the fact that it bothers me bothers me.

never run back to whatever broke you

they say you dont know what youve got til its gone. you knew exactly what you had, you just thought youd never lose it

• I think I would wear them... Because when you're done with someone, you're done. There's no gift or thing that will remind him to you or the desire for him... That's my opinion.

0|0
    0|0
  • Sure, you were still a couple, that still happened, you don't have to get rid of everything as if it never existed.

0|0
    0|0
  • i would because i appreciate the gift while i know that our relationship is in the past.

0|0
    0|0
  • If it fits and is expensive sure.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 4

• I'm not a lady but...

About 24 years ago I broke up with a girl. Well during the relationship I bought her a ring with a matching necklace. Her birthstone, a ruby. Surrounded by diamonds. They were nice and not exactly cheap.

Well since we broke up we have not seen or spoke to each other at all.

Last summer we bumped into each other and talked for a few minutes. I noticed that she was wearing the ring and necklace.

Why? Don't know or care.

0|1
    0|0
  • i have mixed feelings about this. because every time u wear that item (s) your going to kno who gave it to u. i guess it depends how the relationship ended.

0|0
    0|0
  • Actually my ex bought me TONS of clothes. She was obsessed with getting me clothes and would never stop even after I asked her too.

But, I do wear lots of the stuff she gave me. At this point in time I don't even remember. Or some clothes were bought when her and I both spent money together shopping. So, I'm not going to throw out stuff that I chose and where both of us put down cash for everything together.

I don't tell anyone my ex got it, and I wear it because I like it. It doesn't hold any sentimental value, so I don't care much about the ex part.

0|0
    0|0
  • mostly a undergarment, coz she wouldn't be having any slightest idea

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes