Do guys really get over girls they love that easily?

I know when my ex and I broke up, I was so devastated that I could barely eat or get out of bed. But with another ex, I was over the relationship long before I ended up breaking up with him, so I didn't care once it was officially over even though I thought I loved him at the time.

I have a friend who says he has feelings for me, but I don't know if I should trust that. With him, he said he loved his ex but didn't want to do long distance even though she did (and brought it up a few times even after their breakup). He was in a bad relationship before her, so he was just rebounding left and right before dating her for about a year. Therefore, he clearly cared about her if he was willing to commit to her. So I don't see how anyone could have that sentiment so soon after a breakup if he/she really loved the person.

So do guys just get over things that much faster?

13

Most Helpful Guy

• "Do guys really get over girls they love that easily"

Yes.

" I don't see how anyone could have that sentiment so soon after a breakup if he/she really loved the person"

I know - because you're a girl.

"do guys just get over things that much faster"

Yes. But there are exceptions. Some guys, like on this website, who don't have much success with girls, cling to their one successful relationship when it goes pear-shaped, and can't move on.

But for most guys, it's easy. To the point where the ex starts to question the reality of the relationship, and whether he ever cared for her at all. This amuses the guy, and can speed up the healing process.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE