Should there be a cheating expectation?

These days it seems like cheating is 90% of peoples new hobby. Should girls expect their guys to cheat and not even bother scolding them or what?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• In a monogamous relationship? No

In an Open, sexually fluid relationship? Yes, possibly, depending on the standards/agreement in the relationship.

There are people in open relationships that find emotional cheating unacceptable and breakup worthy. There are people in open relationships that find physical cheating behind their backs unacceptable and breakup worthy.

It depends on the relationship and what two people agree on. IT also depends on the boundaries in the relationship, and how much someone is willing to deal with. If you don't forgive/date cheaters then its not something that you should have to deal with.

2|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 4

• Sex is becoming very easily available to men today mainly because how our society has "progressed" in the last couple of generations. This does not mean that our value system of being monogamous is faulty and we should not even bother to bring up the issue. Although I wouldn't use the word scolding since that would seem like you're treating him as you would a child.

1|0
    0|0
  • No. Hell no. No one should expect that. I'm a guy and I've been cheated on. It hurts. If someone cheats they're not taking your feelings into consideration, and therefor aren't worth putting any more time and effort into a relationship with them. No one should expect to be disrespected.

1|1
    0|0
  • Luckily your 90% are proven to be exagerated - no offence towards you, I'm aware that it's just figurative speaking of yours.
    It's estimated that something more than 30% of all women and about 40% of all men cheat one or more times on their partner in their lives, but all figures are estimations as you never can be sure who told the truth and who didn't...

Cheating bodes ill for the "health" of a relationship. Even though there might be people who cheat "as a hobby", their number is probably very low. Cheating happens when a man is sexually neglected or a woman emotionally (I think it was in "Chatting or Cheating" by Sheri Myers, but not sure anymore...). When it happened, then there's very little that can be done to save a relationship as it mostly is already the sign, that one of the partners has given up on it.

1|0
    0|0
  • I expect the odds of my partner cheating is really high, but cheating isn't something I can accept. I can't just accept that because cheating is so common that I should accept it. Should we expect it? Yes. Should we accept it? No.

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 4

• No. Cheating is a choice, and a very hurtful one. What's the point in trying to have a monogamous relationship with someone else if you expect them to cheat on you anyway? Makes no sense to me. And I feel like if we start expecting each other to cheat, everyone will end up cheating even more. It's a stupid idea. Expecting it somehow makes it more okay. So no, you shouldn't expect it.

1|1
    0|0
  • Cheating shouldn't be expected in a relationship. Nor should it be ignored if you have infallible proof. If he cheats, dump him.

Sure, you can be cautious at first or alert to signs of cheating, but this can't be at the forefront of your mind 24/7. No matter what statistics say, not everyone cheats. Usually it's repeat offenders that up the percentage. Thinking of him cheating will ruin your relationship. Plus, it'll make you miserable.

1|0
    0|0
  • No, a girl should not expect her guy to cheat and ignore it if he does. If you are committed to each other you it is never okay to cheat. A person can not be forced to cheat. It is a decision they made and should be held accountable to that choice.

1|0
    0|0
  • Absolutely not. Cheating is always a choice, so it shouldn't be forgiven. Even people who say they couldn't help it, are just full of shit

2|1
    0|0

Recommended myTakes