Is this cheating or not? Every guy say no untell it the other way around?

what if a guy tells you he wants take a brake and in that time you on dates with other people and he get mad. is that cheating

Updates:
but what if you sleep with someone eles is that still cheating? or not?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I think one thing that many people who take "breaks" fail to do is define the terms of the break.

What do they mean by "break"? Does it mean we're still together and just spending some time apart? Does it mean that we've broken up, but we're planning on getting back together after a certain amount of time? Is dating other people allowed? Is having sex with other people allowed? What is the purpose of the break? Etc.

If you do not have this discussion, then you're opening yourself up to this problem. One person may think a "break" means something different than the other person thinks it means.

If the two of you agreed to not have sex with other people, then it is cheating. If the two of you agreed to spend some time apart, but were not "broken up", then it is cheating.

If the two of you did not discuss any of these things, then its kind of a grey area since you're both on a different page. You feel like you've done nothing wrong; he feels cheated on and hurt. If you want the relationship to work, you'll both have to be understanding of how the other feels about the situation (rather than both trying to be "right").

1|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 4

• If it's a break and you agreed to it, it's not cheating... although i'd say it's not a good sign of where his loyalties lie. If he couldn't stay committed because he wanted to get laid with other women? Red flags... Yes he's done it 'on a break' but that's just your approval essentially, anyway if you'd said no to taking a break what would he have done? Either cheat or end it... that'd be my guess.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's not cheating.

I'd consider it cheating if, while in the relationship you met smeone else you knew you wanted to get with so you went on a BrEak to do it with full intent on getting back with the original.

If your (ex) bf initiated a break, and you saw other people than your not cheating.

0|0
    0|0
  • no because you all took a break

0|0
    0|0
  • When you're on a break, no I don't think it's cheating.

However, I think the reason you're getting different responses is because plenty of us have discovered in our lives that we mean different things when we say we want to go on a break.

Guys typically mean - a break. I need space, you're not giving me space, we need a break so I can get some space, but I still have feelings for you and I don't want to break up.

Girls typically mean - I think I want to break up with you, but I'm too cowardly to break up with you. So I want to go on a break. Then I will see what is out there, and if I can get someone else, maybe this guy I have a crush on... and if I do, you'll find out and break up with me and I won't have to be the bad person about this.

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 6

• If you put a limit on the break, (like a week, or a month) then anything more then flirting is in a def grey area.

But if it's just an "break" with no plan on when it might end...

its a break up with the tacit acknowledgement you will prolly give it another try.

In this case, no cheating.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope! A lot of times, the purpose of going on break is to see other people for a little bit. If he gets mad that you're seeing other guys, then of course, he is jealous.

0|0
    0|0
  • If it's a break, that means you guys aren't together so no, it's not cheating.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope it's not

0|0
    0|0
  • Its break time, so its not really cheating.

0|0
    0|0
  • All is fair at break time.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes