Bf dumped me and won't stop texting me?

My bf of a year broke up with me on Saturday. The previous weekend we went to a wedding where we fought the entire time. He never wanted a title and has never been big on them saying people change after they get them. He had mentioned in September to a guy friend who was also in the wedding about sharing a room. I got mad bc it seemed like he expected our relationship to fail and we wouldn't be going together. Anyway Saturday after I slept over and asked him what was going on he said he didn't know. I pressured him to make a decision and he said he doesn't see a future with us based on the past year and we bicker too much. He said something about being friends and I said no and took
My stuff and left. I cried to him and did all the stupid stuff people do in that situation. Monday we hung out and just watched tv. Tuesday he drove cough drops over to my house because I'm sick. I didn't ask him to do that he offered. Ever since he has been texting me small talk. What does he want? I feel like he keeps checking up on me.
Curious to see what a guy thinks also
Any guys have opinions on this also? I appreciate all feedback I just want to see what a guy would think also. Thanks

40

Most Helpful Girl

• Sounds like he feels guilt for the breakup, but also that he still cares in some kind of a way. Normally after a breakup, both people go their opposite ways as a way of healing and moving on. Honestly, I would outright just ask him why he is continuing to hang around. I think in large part, his energy contributed to the demise of the relationship to be honest. If someone is sitting around and thinking," ugh... if I tell her she is my girlfriend she is going to change and become awful..." WHAT do you expect to happen? You guys were doomed before you even started.

For the sake of moving through the breakup and healing from it, I would ask him why he continues to hang around. And if its not for the reason of reconciling our relationship and making it better? Then he needs to STEP OFF. Right now, YOU Are agreeing to his suggestion to."just be friends" by allowing him to keep coming over and having small talk. That isn't what you wanted, but its what's happening. I would put my foot down and express,"either you want me in your life, or you don't." Period.

Good luck.