There is nothing you can do to prevent others from trying to get close to your SO. True False?

This seems like it's a common issue. Guy/girl goes to different colleges. They are in different classes. They are in different cliques. Et cetera.

They say that the only thing you can do, is to trust your SO. Trying to keep them cut off from their friends is just going to make him/her resent your interference. True or False?

In my case, she's my junior, so I'm graduating before she does. But there's this particular guy who seems to enjoy talking a lot with my girl. I know of him as we share a lot of mutual friends, but I do not know him personally. He's the same age as my girl, so he's going to be hanging around school and her for a lot longer than I am. He also works on the same projects as her and they have to interact a lot.

Would it be right for me to say there is nothing I can do to prevent him from taking her away from me at all?
  • True
  • False

01

Most Helpful Guy

• Yeah, I know it kind of sucks, but what's the point of being in a relationship if you can't trust her? Trying to cut her off from anyone is a surefire way to get her to cheat on you, so just be the best boyfriend you can so she won't have a reason to.