Jewelry from your ex? if your partner wore it?

the jewelry you received from your ex, would you wear it? I was given a watch, necklace chain and promise ring. I dont wear the promise ring, however i do wear the necklace and watch sometimes. What were you given and do you wear it? why? and if your partner was wearing something from their ex would you care? or would you rather they just not tell you?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I still wear my diamond stud earrings almost everyday, they were a birthday gift from my ex husband. I view it the same as I would a gift from my mom or dad. I wouldn't care if he wore something his ex gave him. It's his. And she is his ex for a reason. I do not however wear my old wedding band or engagement ring. I've kept them to give to my kids at age appropriate times, but they stay put away. If the conversation comes up just make sure you make it clear that it's not a sentimental attachment, you just like the watch (or necklace). It's just a object and you don't wear it to reminisce about your ex.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 3

• I'd probably be a little jealous because for me it would seem like you are still thinking about them or miss them. I have jewelry from an ex yet. I do not wear it. I just haven't gotten around to pawning it. If my future boyfriend were to wear things an ex gave him I'd be a little pissed based off of my reasoning.

0|0
    0|0
    • thats what i was thinking, id pawn that stuff, it sucks though haha i love the 2 so now i wish i had just bought it myself

• It does! My ex gave me some really nice and expensive jewelry, but I feel weird wearing it. I'm kind of hoping if I hold onto it longer it might increase in value, but I dont know. I have school loans that need to be paid. I'm hoping once I do pawn off the jewelry it will make a dent in my payments haha

• If you don't feel weird wearing it you could always keep it. Just don't tell your next girlfriend that it is from an ex because she may get jealous or feel insecure about your intentions as to why your wearing it.

• Honestly I would be mad and jealous. It would make me feel like you still have something for her and that's why you're wearing it. So I would probably ask you to either give it back, sell it or just not wear it around me. But I would be upset and I'd rather you tell me that its from your ex and not lie to me.

1|0
    0|0
    • oh okay, so should i just tell it and get other jewelry?

• Yeah I think you should tell her. But based on her reaction make your decision she might not mind. If you tell her it means nothing and its just Jewelery she might not care.

• I'm divorced and I'm wearing jewelry my ex husband bought me right now. I sold some of it, and also a purse and now I really wish I kept the purse.

0|0
    0|0
    • Also, not sure I'd tell someone that my ex bought me this jewelry! But that is also dishonest. I think you are asking a very thought provoking question, I'm curious what others have to say.

• yeah, and woudlnt a girl be more mad if she found out some out later that it was from an ex? wouldn't it be better just to tell her?

What Guys Said 2

• I wouldn't care if an ex wore something I gave her. I don't really wear jewelry or necklaces or anything so, I probably wouldn't wear anything an ex gave me.

Now if she gave me a shirt I thought was cool I'd wear it if she didn't want it back.

0|0
    0|0
  • As long as there not ingraved... sure why not? Just remember not to let on Where you got the jewellery from. lol

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes