How do I stop feeling guilty for cheating with someone who was in relationship?

It's a long messy story but basically I made out with someone who was in a relationship, he kissed me and I kissed back. We used to like each other and were pretty drunk at the time but that doesn't really excuse what happened.
She never knew about me but they're no longer dating.
They could've broken up for many reasons and other complications but I feel like it's all my fault.

What do I do?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• It happened.
    It shouldn't have happened.
    You can't undo it. There's worse in the world.

Just live with it. Accepted that you kissed someone you shouldn't have. You'll survive.
    Don't do it again.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 3

• You learn the lesson that life is teaching you. As long as you recognize bad behavior, make mental steps so you don't correct it again, in the end the mistake was a "good" thing relatively speaking. None of us is perfect.

1|0
    0|0
  • He cheated, not you.

Better?

0|0
    0|0
  • You didn't break up a marriage and it was only kissing. If they broke up and you still like the guy then go get him.

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

• I doubt their breakup has much of anything to do with you. Meaning, you were not the direct CAUSE. I seriously doubt it. Secondly, every single one of us makes mistakes and do things we shouldn't do. No One is perfect. With the mistakes that are made, hopefully you are able to learn from them and never make this type of mistake again. I think its time for you to stop beating yourself up over it, and forgive yourself. Forgiveness is a part of life, and its time for you to exercise using it starting with YOU. Move on from the situation girly.

Good luck.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes