Have you ever cheated on your boyfriend/husband/girlfriend/wife? Why?

Have any of you ever cheated on a partner? What was your reasoning? And I mean the TRUE reason you cheated. I know some people feel guilty and use a different excuse to avoid feeling too ashamed.

I've read conflicting researches about whether men or women cheat more. And I'm also curious about the differences between why men and women cheat.
It appears people are afraid to answer this question lol. I know there are cheaters out there. You can't even answer anonymously?

51

Most Helpful Girl

• Actually, a few of us answered this question just a few weeks ago. However, I don't mind telling my story and---the truth---as One who has played this game in the past.
    I married a man who found me on Facebook three years ago. He was from Egypt, and had fallen in love with me, and had asked me to come and stay for awhile to meet up with him and his family. I went for 30 days, and it had went so well, I returned three months later, where we had tied the knot in Cairo. three months later, I returned to the states, but with a sour ball in my mouth. Over the course of time I had been living with him (we had our own domain in the family house), we had encountered a lot of problems, and between him and the family, things were bad, and not the same as they had been when I had gotten off the plane a few months before.
    Long story short, he found me again when I had returned, and I had decided to give our long distance love a try. I wasn't ready to live with him as of yet, and sadly, trying to get him over here, was a big pain in my butt.
    Months down the line, a Coptic Christian had found me on a dating site that I belonged to. We hit it off instantly, and suddenly I have a Coptic Christian from Egypt, living near me, and an Egyptian Muslim who I was married to, Living over there My life was very chaotic for over a year thence on. It was a roller coaster ride with two men, both Egyptians, but living in separate worlds, in love with the same American princess. I was so confused. I was either breaking up with one, then the other, or thinking Now this is what God wants, and it was just a never ending love triangle, with no stop in site.
    Finally, after the holidays this year, my decision was made for me. My Christian fiance won me over. And I had asked my Muslim man for a divorce. I decided, although in denial for two years now, that if I had not listened to my omen of returning to him and the family, things would never change, and neither would they. xx

• Ok, I have questions lol. I've been in a long distance relationship and I know it can be rough. But if you were married, why were you on a dating site? And why wouldn't you brush off any advances a man towards you while you were married, instead of pursuing him?

• Is that really an excuse*

• I am honest, mot using It as an excuse.. I could have returned to Egypt to live with him and them out there, but I had a dream one nite, a bad omen, and it tol dmne things would never change, just get worse.. other than that, I had No real reason to have a roving eye.. I loved him enough to marry him, but I had also married his family too, and it got very bad..