Leaving a cheating girlfriend and her kids when she is in a bit of a pickle, yes or no?

I been with my girl for 2 years now, she has 2 kids aged 7 from her previous relationship.

I posted this question on this www.girlsaskguys.com/.../q955844-suspicion-girlfriend-attempted-to-cheat-with-a-guy-she-met-off

After some thinking about it, I decided that I should leave her as she had attempted to cheat.

I haven't told her I want to leave her as a few developments has surfaced.

Firstly, we are renting a house, we share half the rent, I pay 80% of all bills. I don't find this an issue. Also everything is in her name, I just transfer money to her account. Usually she places the bills on the table and I transfer the money into her account, she then pays it. It turns out the power bill, rent and a few other bills she had run up arrears on and I only just found out rent is 2 months behind.

She is in plenty of debt, upwards of 70% of all her income goes towards servicing those debts. Most of those are also minimum repayments so she certainly isn't making any headway on it.

Her minivan died a few days ago and she has no avenue to get a replacement as she doesn't have any money and her credit file is plain rubbish.

Her kids aren't cheap to feed due to a host of allergies. Their father has been MIA for the last 5 years, therefore asking him for money isn't an option. I don't have problems feeding these kids and end of the day it is their mother who cheated.

She doesn't really have any family she could turn to either as most are either struggling or couldn't give a toss.

As it goes, she lost her job yesterday.

Leaving isn't really an issue, I can pack my bags and head out in an hour if I wanted. However I feel I cannot in good conscience let the 2 young kids go cold or hungry.

Opinions please, what should I do about this?

I told her maybe we should have a break from each other so she could reflect on what she did, also told her I thought it was best I moved out as I'm sick and tired of commuting and returning to middle of nowhere. She begged me not to leave.
After some thinking and an argument I decided to leave the house.

Loaded up everything into the truck and now staying with a friend for a few days.

She insisted on more money from me till she found a job.

66

Most Helpful Girl

• Being you are in this Pickle lily deal with her and the other baggage she possesses, leaves a sour ball in my mouth. I do feel very sad and---bad---for Her and the kids, but I also feel, that you are Not getting anywhere with her "dead beat debts," and on top of this, instead of showing you gratitude for helping Her and the extra baggage out, she rewards you with schemes and dreams of being this cheating cheetah. It's discouraging and a real turn off, I can feel your agony and head spinning pain.
    I realize if you stay any longer and bear this cross you seem to be carrying, the "load of lords" you are indulging in, is only going to get More overbearing and even difficult to deal with. If you don't start to make some sort of Game Plan Now, you never will. And your conscience will definitely then be the demise of you and the rest of your life.
    You and your live-in need to sit down and have a long talk about your plans to leave. Of course, you are going to have to expect the begging and brawling, but in the crux of it all, a solution Has to be sought after.
    Might I suggest, either she find Another job or go into a shelter with the children, and allow THEM to start looking after her and her and her them. They will help guide her in the Right direction, and in turn, this will enable you to break free and go back to a normal life once again.
    You both are Not married, ad I believe, you really Did give it your all, but when enough is enough, and you feel it is time to toss in the kitchen towel, then the best thing to do is make sure NO ONE goes cold and hungry, and begin the beguine as soon as possible.
    Good luck and God bless, sweetie. xx

• Thanks for the answer.

In the end I decided she wanted too much and compromised too little. The best thing to do was to simply leave her as she simply demanded too much and compromised too little.

Decided she is old enough to think for herself and she can deal with her own shit without me.

• Good luck.. I know it was a hard decision, but not getting you anywhere to be this Enabler, always having to pick up the pieces for what I call a loser.. I wish You both luck. xx

• I agree.. everyone has to do for themselves... everyone has to move on.. xx