#LoveYourself
VALENTINE'S DAY

My ex-boyfriend broke up with me and sort of friend zoned me, how do I get him to date me again?

My ex-boyfriend told me he was coming over on Valentine's day. When I was ready to pick him up he said his mom wanted him to stay home. I overreacted and he called me. We fought and he told me he didn't have a present, that he needed time with his family, he was tired, and said he felt like I was saying I'm more important than his mom. I told him to call me when he is ready to talk without fighting. He never called me. The next day he changed his relationship status to single on Facebook and pictures, he didn't tell me we broke up. A week later, I called him, he acted like nothing happened on the phone but acted like we were just friends. We didn't say much but I told him he was right and he said I was just saying that. He said he was falling asleep and I said goodnight. I texted him to call me when he's ready to talk, he never did. In between all this, he told two of my friends he just needs time with his family, and he might get back with me when he gets out of placement (it's like a boarding school), he said "anythings possible" I feel like he's just saying that to be nice. He acted like he loved me and told everyone I was the best thing for him. He chatted me a few days after the call and acted like we were friends. I asked him if we broke up because he didn't like me anymore and he just wanted to be friends and he said he just needed more time with his family, again. I feel like he's just saying that. He told me I will always be a close friend. I said "Goodbye (with his name) and he said whatever. How do I get him back as a boyfriend? I've liked him since 2010, we have been close friends ever since, we started dated December 27th 2013, a month and a half. Getting over him isn't an opinion, I just want to know how to get him back as a boyfriend. He's only home on the weekends. Also, he told me he was upset I never called him the next day after the fight he said he was scared to call me.

Someone help me :(
It's been 5 months now. I still want him back. He just wrote on Facebook and said "turned that bitch into a hoe" it was about me just because I've been flirting with guys to make him jealous. But what does it mean when exes talk shit about you?

30

Most Helpful Girl

• I would give him space and focus on you and your happiness and gain your independence as a women to where you not affected by any guy not even him and all you can do is do that and make him jealous by showing him how strong of a women you are by getting into a better place and looking hot doing it trust me he will regret ever leaving you once you have control on your life and feelings im working on that myself or you could do something out of the normal and act weird just like he is and just go along with everything he's doing and like nothing is wrong he will think its odd of you to go along with something he tried so hard to convince you about and thinks somethings up but try not expecting a lot from him I wouldn't expect anything from him everything needs to be shown when he's ready to show he cares he will if it takes him to long over time to show it I think you should rethink your decision about being with him because obviously he's not man enough to be straight forward about things and has more maturing to do as one before he can commit to any relationship

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Thank you so much, I'm just worried. Like do you think it's completely over? I know he really does care because of how close we are.. I just don't know what I should do later to get him back. I think he just needs time to himself for now but I'm not so sure that's true, maybe he never liked me? :( I'm going to try to do that the best I can, I never see him during the week so it's hard to show him that I'm doing fine..

• I really hope so! Thank you so much! You really just boosted my confidence! I really believe it isn't over but I feel like it might be for him.. Guys are so stupid! Hahha I'm going to try my hardest to do everything you said, thank you soooo much! Us girls really need to stick together and show these guys what's right. Hahaha

• yay im so happy so true girls should stick together stay confident girly cause guys like confident girls and he will notice how strong and amazing you are if you just believe in yourself and what you guys shared together :) I make mistakes to so your not alone the guy I like is kinda upset but I hope he realize that I was hurt it was a misunderstanding that he is making a big deal out of but everything will work out for you girly and me :)

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 2

• To me, and all the experience that I have had with many of today's guys, he just wants to be friends right now, sweetie. Short and simple. He doesn't appear to want to go back into any heavy relationship with You or just anyone right now, and although all his lame excuse of wanting to spend more time with his family, are probably Just that---lame---I think what he really wants is just His time for him, his friends and space to do what he wants to do right now.
    If anything, just let things go for the time being. Let him take the initiative to come around. he may change his mind. But even if he does, can you honestly say you would ever trust him again in A Real Relationship? You probably are better off just being---close friends. xx

• Thank you so much, I'm just worried. Like do you think it's completely over? I know he really does care because of how close we are.. I just don't know what I should do later to get him back. I think he just needs time to himself for now but I'm not so sure that's true, maybe he never liked me? :(

• Yes, give him time, give him space, he is almost Begging for it. i can feel it. But he is also telling you he is Not ready for another relationship, so I think for now, just let things go, and wait to see if he comes back.. stay friends for now.. But as i say, even if he does return with waiting arms, can you trust that he might just pull this sporadic stunt again?

• sounds like he's playing you. Im sorry to say this but i have also been a victim of gulliability. Read what you just said there and pretend your friend just told you her boyfriend said that. This guy ditched you out of NOWHERE and put you on a guilt trip on Valentine's day. He didn't even get you a present and 'said he felt like I was saying I'm more important than his mom' it was Valentine's DAY. Last time i checked that time was for couples. Also you told him to call you and he didn't so how does he get off with saying he was too scared too call you. It must have been humiluating when he changed his relationship status to single and all. You need to respect yourself and realise either this guy had some serious shit going on with his family like a sickness or he wanted to be single because he's at a boarding school and didn't have the balls to admit it. If your really serious about wanting him back all you have to do is drop all contact look like your loving life and he will see your fine without him. Then he will contact you or you can just wait till he's home from boarding school if he really loves you nothing will be in the way then.

• Thank you so much, I'm just worried. Like do you think it's completely over? I know he really does care because of how close we are.. I just don't know what I should do later to get him back. I think he just needs time to himself for now but I'm not so sure that's true, maybe he never liked me? :( I know you're right about the Valentine's day thing, I don't understand why he had to pick that day... He didn't have a present because he just got home from school so I understand that

• still he only gets weekends to come home could he not have seen his parents the next day? Valentine's should have been your day. TRUST me and the rest of the girls on this moving on is the best thing you can do, dont worry about how YOU are going to get him back it will be the other way around once your the hot social bunny :). He'll be thinking of ways to get you back maybe even beg on his hands and knees.