Still care about my ex and I'm afraid of expressing my feelings. Help :/?

My ex was my hs sweet heart, my first love, my everything. We have been broken up for quite sometime now and I have had new relationships and I believe he is currently in a relationship. I came across some old photos and I realize how much I really did care for him and I am a little torn. I want to let him know how I feel but Im scared to be rejected and also I think he has a gf and i definitely do not want to step on any toes or break up a happy home. Do you guys believe in just letting things be and letting life take its course and what is supposed to happen will happen? Or should I just go out on a limb and express my feelings at the risk of embarrassing myself and him rejecting me?

02