I broke up with my boyfriend because he wasn't in love with me after 2 years. I can't get over him and I have so many mixed feelings! Help?

My SO and I dated for 2 years and we had a mostly fantastic relationship. Our relationship was the best either of us has had, ever. It was pretty healthy and we are great friends. We are unbelievably similar in interests and politics, etc. he was the first guy that I felt like I really fell in love with and considered marriage although I'd had other long term relationships. We were terrible at communicating with each other and he had some serious issues from ex's. Our fights felt devastating emotionally. We had other problems but I felt that we could have worked through them.
I finally called it quits when I realized that he would never be in love with me and would never marry me. We still work together and we've had a tumultuous 2 months but we are getting along better now. I just can't get rid of my feelings and I don't think I want to but what is my alternative? What can I do? I've never had so much trouble getting over a guy before and we've both been talking to other people. Help?

03

Most Helpful Guy

• I think just reminding yourself that he wasn't falling in love (or at least communicating it) and wasn't going to commit to marriage as far as you know.

Just remember the reasons why you broke it off. It's natural to still have feelings and working with him I'm sure doesn't help things much but you had legit reasons for breaking up. so just remind yourself of those reasons

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE