I can't get over, don't know how or what to do?

Up until recently I've never even kissed a girl, and then I met the girl who I was dating, and it only lasted a month until now and now things are complicated, but she was basically my first everything, kiss, second date, virginity, etc. But now she's not sure if she's ready for a relationship and things are really up in the air, but I can't stop thinking about her and it hurts. In the past when girls rejected me I was usually able to focus on the negative things about them, but with her I'm really struggling, it felt like we were in a honeymoon phase and I just can't think of negative things as hard as I try, all I have is good times to remember. I try and focus on other things, but that only helps temporarily and my mind goes right back to it. Maybe I'm just naive because was my first, I just don't know how to get over her? I'm not really that interested in hookups and I've struggled so much with girls in the past, I just can't get over losing her after how well we connected with each other, or so it felt. I'm just wondering what others have done, or if any have felt the same?

30

Most Helpful Girl

• Is she fearful of intimacy/commitment or is she just trying to ease the blow of rejection? That's the part you have to figure out. You may need to be direct with her about your feelings.

If it's fear of commitment, try to address her fear. Have some patience.
    If she's simply rejecting you, let her go. It will be difficult (if not impossible) for you two to remain friends. Don't contact her, delete her (or at least unfollow her) on Facebook , etc. I'm sure it hurts like HELL right now, but you will only extend the pain by keeping her in your life. You will heal with time, I promise.

Believe me, I've felt the same. We were just about in the "honeymoon phase" when my first love broke my heart and pushed me away. Refusing to let me go completely, he regularly crawled back into my life periodically only to offer me crumbs of affection. He destroyed my emotional life for over a year. Don't let this happen to you.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE