My boyfriend broke up with me today out of nowhere, is it real? If so, how do I get him back?

We are both college students, he's a freshman and I'm a junior.
We spend most of our time together and sleep together every night.
He broke up me with me out of nowhere saying "I think we should just be friends. I care about you though and I still really want you in my life, but you're not the one and I don't want to hurt you"

We had a perfectly normal and very good today today, spent the whole day together until he walked me to work and then he picked me up from work, we got high, and watched family guy till this.

How do I get him back?

0|1

Most Helpful Girl

• Ugh, I hate when that happens. SKIP THIS PARAGRAPH UNLESS YOU WANT MY RANT. :) A few months ago I was dating this guy and we spent a ton of time together. We had been friends before getting together and I had fallen in love with him. One night he invited me over and was like, "Okay so I went through a little period where I had doubts about us, but that's over now and I'm happy about us being together." So I was like, okay, that's out of the blue but I'm glad you're over it. We had an awesome date the next day, and then a few days later he pulled that crap of "I don't think we're right for each other, but I still care about you and want you in my life." Like what the heck? We just had an awesome time together, what the fudge happened?

Anyways, I guess it's just something in his head that we'll never be able to figure out. He'll come back to you if he's smart. But the best thing you can do now is try to move on. Good luck, girl... today marks 3 months after I got dumped and I'm still not over it. But we'll be okay.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 3

• You can't. He has realised he's not into you in that way.

0|0
    0|0
  • Don't try anything to get him back. For guys, we'll go back to the girl when we realize what we're missing. That's the whole point of us leaving a girl in a lot of cases - we want to try something else. And when that something else isn't as good as we thought, then we want back what we had.

Or, maybe he no longer thought his idea of a good day was being your taxi and sitting around getting high and watching cartoons all day? Maybe that is something you can change to open his eyes back to you?

1|0
    0|1
    • I mean, he's a dealer and asks if he can walk me places and just generally likes spending time with me so I don't think thats it

• Here is my opinion:

You are older than him and that could be one of the main issues he broke up with you.

Revenge won't satisfy you.

0|0
    1|0

What Girls Said 3

• I don't think you can... sadly, you have to wait until he comes back to you... just focus on you right now and making yourself a better person without him.

It sounds like he may have met someone else... or is trying to move on from being young and trying to mature into an adult. He doesn't see you two 'clicking' or see you as marriage material

0|0
    0|1
  • aww D: Sadly, it's hard or impossible to get the guy back once they lose interest.

0|1
    0|1
    • I'd agree. But i dont think he's lost interest. I think he just doesn't think they're right for each other

• Sadly, I don't think there's anything you can do to get him back. Once the other person has decided to check himself out of the relationship, there's barely anything you can do to pull him back. I bet he's been thinking for quite some time, so he's already convinced himself that breaking up is the best for him/you two. And the more you try, the more you push him away :/

Mine started by getting very distant from me and I was trying to keep in contact with him, and after two weeks, he broke up with me, saying that we were comfortable but it didn't mean it's going to go anywhere. he said he's been thinking for a few weeks and that I was getting obsessed with the relationship (probably because I tried to contact him when he became really distant).

The best thing you can do is to move on. It's hard but you have to try. Mine broke up with me 6 months ago, and I sometimes still think if it's something that I said or did that caused him to break up with me, and then I have to force myself to stop thinking about it. Also focus on your studies right now, don't give it up because of a guy that left you.

Good luck!

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes