Boyfriend has a poem he wrote after breaking up with his ex in his wallet?

He was dating his ex-girlfriend for almost 2 years, and they broke up last May. He broke up with her because he caught her cheating on him. He doesn't bring her up much if at all, and he claims to be completely over her.

However, a few months ago I picked up his wallet and he immediately tried to grab it back and told me not to look in it. I playfully said I can't imagine what he could have that I couldn't see so I started looking, and found that poem. He immediately explained to me what it was and that he wrote it not long after breaking up with her. They haven't been in contact since the break-up.

Should I be worried? Like should I view that as a red flag, or nothing to worry about?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• no , not at all, sometimes these things from our past defines us , and doesn't always mean that we are still attached to anybody , it is just something that belongs to him and his history , always respect that and dont worry about it , i dont think he is still inlove with her at all , as an example : when me and my first boyfriend broke up and when i got into a new relationship 2 years after , i still had his jacket and i love it , because it reminds me of something that happened in my life , and when that second boyfriend broke up with me , i still have this bracelet he gave me , and i will be keeping it even when i get a newboyfriend , so they are just my things, they define me , and they make my past , dont worry dear , and i am sure he will even love you for being understanding and being the one who actually helped him to move on and be happy again , he will always be thankful to that

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 2

• I would just ask him why he likes to keep it in there.

Maybe there's an innocent reason for it... like the poem helped him get through a dark time and overcome her betrayal. You just never know with these things. Could it be that he's still not fully 100% over her? Yeah, it's possible. But like I said, it's also possible that he hangs on to it for others reasons too.

0|0
    0|0
  • Completely over her could mean that he's going to treat her like anyone else on the street if she ever crosses his path again and not succumb to any overtures of any sort. But forgetting a sentiment especially one that has not been initiated by him and has come up abruptly out of the blue is a tad difficult - it's a human thing :)

If he's confident about the 'getting over' part & states so then you can have faith in his words.

Nobody can predict anything no matter how determined, he has faith in self & guess you don't have an option but do the same :)

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

• eh, it's hard to tell. it was good that he was honest with you and explained. he might not be over her, or he might use that poem as just an emotional reminder- so it's not that he's still connected to her, just how he felt.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes