Boyfriend has a poem he wrote after breaking up with his ex in his wallet?

He was dating his ex-girlfriend for almost 2 years, and they broke up last May. He broke up with her because he caught her cheating on him. He doesn't bring her up much if at all, and he claims to be completely over her.

However, a few months ago I picked up his wallet and he immediately tried to grab it back and told me not to look in it. I playfully said I can't imagine what he could have that I couldn't see so I started looking, and found that poem. He immediately explained to me what it was and that he wrote it not long after breaking up with her. They haven't been in contact since the break-up.

Should I be worried? Like should I view that as a red flag, or nothing to worry about?

22

Most Helpful Girl

• no , not at all, sometimes these things from our past defines us , and doesn't always mean that we are still attached to anybody , it is just something that belongs to him and his history , always respect that and dont worry about it , i dont think he is still inlove with her at all , as an example : when me and my first boyfriend broke up and when i got into a new relationship 2 years after , i still had his jacket and i love it , because it reminds me of something that happened in my life , and when that second boyfriend broke up with me , i still have this bracelet he gave me , and i will be keeping it even when i get a newboyfriend , so they are just my things, they define me , and they make my past , dont worry dear , and i am sure he will even love you for being understanding and being the one who actually helped him to move on and be happy again , he will always be thankful to that