I want to dump my boyfriend. Should I tell him I cheated?

My boyfriend and I just don't click, he's clingy, sucks in bed etc. I made a bad decision by cheating on him last week. I've decided to end the relationship.. but should I tell him I cheated?

i didn't sleep with anyone, or actually 'cheat.' just talked with an ex in a way i wouldn't want my bf talking to another girl

148

Most Helpful Girl

• Honestly- I think that's up to you. I suppose it really depends on a) do you care about his feelings/would you care if this breakup really made him upset b) who did you cheat with and what level of "cheating (making out, sex) did you get to c) do you feel bad about cheating? Not saying that cheating is a good thing in any context of anything, but if you're going to break up with him anyway, it may just be easier in the long run to tell him you want to break up first and see how he reacts. Just be prepared that if you tell him you cheated, he'll probably get really mad (given that he's clingy) or get extremely attached. Just make sure this is a clear breakup. If he won't ever meet the person you cheated with and you won't see him again- why make him more upset. But know that cheating is wrong. It's really up to you. Worst comes to worst, rumors could spread about you being a cheater and if you have to see him daily life could go really bad. Just think about the most peaceful way to break up with him but make no excuses for yourself. good luck

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE