I want to dump my boyfriend. Should I tell him I cheated?

My boyfriend and I just don't click, he's clingy, sucks in bed etc. I made a bad decision by cheating on him last week. I've decided to end the relationship.. but should I tell him I cheated?

Updates:
i didn't sleep with anyone, or actually 'cheat.' just talked with an ex in a way i wouldn't want my bf talking to another girl

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Honestly- I think that's up to you. I suppose it really depends on a) do you care about his feelings/would you care if this breakup really made him upset b) who did you cheat with and what level of "cheating (making out, sex) did you get to c) do you feel bad about cheating? Not saying that cheating is a good thing in any context of anything, but if you're going to break up with him anyway, it may just be easier in the long run to tell him you want to break up first and see how he reacts. Just be prepared that if you tell him you cheated, he'll probably get really mad (given that he's clingy) or get extremely attached. Just make sure this is a clear breakup. If he won't ever meet the person you cheated with and you won't see him again- why make him more upset. But know that cheating is wrong. It's really up to you. Worst comes to worst, rumors could spread about you being a cheater and if you have to see him daily life could go really bad. Just think about the most peaceful way to break up with him but make no excuses for yourself. good luck

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 8

• God i hope your not my girlfriend :/
    but i think you should tell him
    i can't stand getting dumped and not know why... and although you may hurt him by telling him what you did i know it would have helped me move on from this relationship faster

0|3
    0|0
  • I'm always a big believer in being honest, but if you're going to break up with him anyway then I just don't see the point in telling him you cheated. It will hurt him even more, and even though I don't have much sympathy for you as a person that's cheated, it could come back to bite you later.

1|0
    0|0
  • i dont think so u r looking for any further relation according to me u r a selfish bitch well dont tell him that u cheated on him which im sure that u hav coz ur questions says tht u just need dicks anyways if he truly loves u he can even die in pain by this word cheat giv him another reason or just get dissapear

0|0
    1|0
  • What does it matter if you 2 are never going to be together again. Tell him if you want that you cheated, maybe not in person.

2|0
    1|0
    • Oh and it's not that he's clingy and that he sucks in bed, it's that you don't love him and probably never did. I've said this a million times, that's why you dont have sex before marriage.

• Exactly

• It won't matter that you tell him you cheated since you want to end it. it will be useless info, unless you open with it thus "I cheated on you and want to end the relationship". It's not needed

0|0
    0|0
  • Why add insult to injury? If you already dumped him let it be. I don't see how telling him would help anything.

0|1
    0|0
  • Just step up to the plate and say hey. I dont want to be with you any more. Straight up!!!

0|1
    0|0
  • If you're breaking up with him anyway, I don't suppose it matters much either way. Although, if you fear he'll still long after you (and if you'd just like to be honest, which is really always the best thing... and yes, I realize how cliche that sounds, but it's actually true), then it would be best to simply let him know.

0|1
    0|0

What Girls Said 13

• You should definitely spend some time in an institution. Cheating is unacceptable in every way and manner. If you were unhappy, you should have just left in the first place. He deserves so much better.

2|3
    2|0
    • Tell him, that way he can spread the word to other men about how unfaithful you are. And so he can move on faster and find a better, loyal girl who's going to give him the unconditional acceptance he deserves.

• If you want him to hate you forever... then yeah, tell him you cheated. You need to remember something, karma is a biatch. Would you want a guy to tell you before he dumped you that he cheated on you? This shouldn't even be a question girl. With that said, maybe you guys are just sexually incompatible. If I were you, I would just gently break up WITHOUT the additional information. Its like you're out for blood by even THINKING about wounding his self esteem like that. Ewww...

1|0
    0|0
  • Nope that's going to crush him. He won't feel sexy and feel like he is bad in bed. Don't mess with his ego. I wouldn't want to know if I was him. Bernini cheated on changes a person. Normally for the worst.

0|1
    0|0
    • Being*

• Show All
    • What comment? I'm confused lol

• GAG deleted my comment which I just type at the bottom of my first reply to you. Apparently a woman who cheated on her past SO works for GAG & was offended when I reminded her of all the jerks that used her & threw her away. (:

• Don't tell him you cheated as a way to break it off.

What if he forgives you?

just.. cowboy up and break it off.

0|0
    0|0
  • No from what you said you should have broke it off two weeks ago. Why complicate things just break it off.

0|1
    0|0
  • Break it of. Don't tell him. Why would you want to hurt him twice. Leave him some dignity.

0|2
    0|0
  • If you seriously want to break up with him and you don't like him then there is no need to tell him. What the hell does it matter even if you tell him as you are already dumping him.

0|0
    0|0
  • Just end the relationship. I don't see the need to tell him you cheated.

1|1
    0|0
  • You should probably tell him in order to clear your conscience or don't tell him if you don't give a shit that you cheated.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah don't tell him u will crush him. And also don't tell him that he's clingy or bad in bed. Just tell him things don't click.

0|0
    0|0
    • QA, Is the type of women that later complains about where have all the nice guys gone. (:

• No point it will just hurt him more.

0|1
    0|0
  • Just end it. No need for any extra information

0|0
    0|0
  • Im guessing, bed is all you care about,
    Hmmm, good luck

1|1
    1|1

Recommended myTakes