How do I stop thinking about her?

An old workplace was the first environment that showed me any kind of positivity. I grew up in an abusive home, I was considered learning disabled in school and violently bullied. The people at that place were more caring than my family and for some reason two of my closest friends decided to work there too, so now everyone I know works there.

While working there I developed feelings for a coworker and shit hit the fan when I told her, so I chose to quit after only a year and a half. Then I got cancer. Everyone reached out and invited me to spend time with them at that workplace. I like being there and seeing my friends, but the more I spend time with them the more I think about her. I don't know what to do. I feel like shit and the only thing that makes me feel better is that place and those people, but thinking about her is inappropriate and driving me insane. I just want to move on, but can't cut off the only thing that makes me feel good.

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 1

• Time will help. If you like hanging out there, focus on the things about that place that you like! For example your friends working there or the people being kind to you. I know it sucks to hear, but time is the only thing that can mend a broken heart.

0|0
    0|0
    • It's been five months and it's only become worse. Being dependent on that place is only reminding me of how much I miss it and her.

• Well, maybe take a vacation or something? Have you considered other jobs? Maybe you need a new environment

What Guys Said 0

Be the first guy to share an opinion
and earn 1 more Xper point!

Recommended myTakes