Why do people try and justify cheating or being the "other woman/man"?

There is nothing they can do to justify cheating or getting with taken person.

People say I'm harsh on my views, but after my dad cheated on my mom with some lowlife, then tried to play victim for having to pay child support... I have no respect for them. In my opinion they are selfish, heartless, soul-less things that deserve no sympathy.

If you want out of a relationship... then GET OUT OF THE RELATIONSHIP!!! There's no reason to stay if you are just going to be a cheater. Kids? Still not a good reason, Kids will remember if a parent is a cheater, and to this day I still hate my dad (he cheated when I was 11, then my parents divorced).

Why do people think cheating is ok? Or try and justify it? I know I have a strong opinion on this subject.

74

Most Helpful Girl

• Because deep down they know they were wrong and they don't have it in them to own up to that.
    Cheaters are wrong and guilty for their own actions. However, I can see some situations where the significant other could have lead them to cheating. I hate to admit it, but it's true. For example, men who beat the crap out of their women and abuse her emotionally. Well, when some kind, charming gentleman comes along whom she just so happens to have an effortless chemistry with, does that abusive jerk truly have the place to be mad? Not in my eyes. I've seen women who belittle, nag, and tear down their man. They emasculate him and feel small yet they want to be upset when they found out a more kind-hearted, less mean spirited female has captured his interest on a higher level. I do not condone cheating and cheating is so effed up, but I would be lying to you if I said I couldn't see how some people wouldn't have cheated had their partner not ______ . That's not a justification: that's just PURE HONESTY.

I've also never been cheated on so I'm slightly biased.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • I completely agree with you!

• The appropriate thing for those people to do would be to leave their spouse and start a relationship with the new person. Starting a relationship with the new person without first leaving the spouse is unexcusable.

• I agree completely.