How much is a divorce! is it expensive?

most people say a divorce is expensive. but I guess they say that when the bills are due... but I looked it all up and I can't seem to get a valid answer how can I get this information b4 I start making moves I do need some information on how to go about it. I really need to get a divorce y'all im broke some keep that in mind too! lol
Updates:
we don't have anything together no kids no house no apartment we only been married a month we both or in school and are broke!

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• If you and your soon to be ex-wife can agree on things, you only have to pay the filing fees and fill out the divorce forms (pro se divorce) yourself.

It didn't cost more than $300 for my divorce, but the financial costs of the debts and assets is what was rough.

Keep it amicable between you and your current spouse and you should be able to file and attend one court session, and you're done.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 6

• If nothing is contested, its not that expensive.

Fighting in court is very expensive.

Alimony and child support are expensive.

0|0
    0|0
  • Every state is different. And even after the legal fees there are also the splitting up of stuff. Them emotional stress. So I hope it is for a good reason

0|0
    0|0
  • A divorce is expensive:
    lawyer's costs, court costs are just part of it.

Living alone is more expensive than sharing the bills, the rent, the car.

0|0
    0|0
  • If I was your husband I'd leave the country the second they told me to pay alimony...

0|0
    0|0
  • They say divorce is expensive because most couples have to split things down the middle. Thus the couple's original wealth is halved. Nothing else in the world is so expensive. Prenup all the way.

0|1
    0|0
  • It can be very expensive, but it mostly depends on where you live.

0|0
    0|0
    • And on how you live: the one who can go back living with his parents will be better off.

What Girls Said 2

• There are websites that can provide you will free legal advice. Do a google search to seek out those types of websites. I remember using one when I had to go to court regarding apt drama. But google it, or try to find free legal help in your community.

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends on how financially successful the married couple is and how much they vowed to share together.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes