Is it okay that I forgave my ex that cheated on me?

I'm a very forgiving person, which I sometimes think about and maybe I shouldn't forgive so much.

I'm not sure if this is even cheating, but when we were together, we had a rough patch, and I found out that she had been talking to a guy. The guy is her mom's coworker and she introduced him to my ex as just friends. But then he asked her mom for her number and so she asked my ex. She was willing to give it. So she did and they were talking for quite a while. Then I found out that they watched a movie together. But with her mom and the mom's boyfriend. She didn't lie who she was with because that day she said she was watching a movie, I asked with who and she said her mom, the bf, and a coworker. Later on did I only find out that it was the guy. It made me upset and angry. I asked her all these questions.. She seemed honest, and she said she did it because she was emotionally unstable. She didn't know what to do. I asked her mom what really happened and she said that she was only invited. It made me so upset. I then asked my ex again.. And she cried because she felt guilty, but she seemed she was telling the truth. She proceeded to stop texting the guy and block him on Instagram. (he would like and comment those emojis on her pics)

So... Was that cheating? Or just slightly. She seems like she really regrets it. Do you think she will ever cheat again?

154

Most Helpful Girl

• Okay there is physical cheating and emotional cheating and honestly your girl could only be emotionally cheating on you if she was forming a close bond with this guy and basically forming a second relationship and that would only happen if she wasn't getting the attention she wanted from you so she started hanging out with the co-worker. He was giving her the attention she had wanted from you. So in my humble estimation you jumped to conclusions, made her feel guilty about it and that's why she regrets it. The girl just happened to make friends with someone who showed some interest in her and your being a bit of a bitch about it

• Well if she was faithful and committed, she would've known not to do that right? I mean... I understand that she can make friends, but should they not show interest at all? It should have been automatic that she wasn't supposed to do that.

• I really wanna comment on that last statement but i can't seem to formulate the words without it feeling vindictive. So i'm going to say this. You have some kinda issue. I don't know if you were cheated on in the past and you are constantly on the look out for persons cheating on you, but this girl as far as im concerned didn't do anything to hurt you deliberately. I kinda agree with @Blume20 that she would have cheated but that is because you're not being the kind of boyfriend that she needs and therefore can't be the kind of girlfriend that you need.