Do you tell people you broke up w/someone?

I recently broke up w/my b/f... People ask how I am... or maybe they might ask about him. Do I need to tell people we broke up? I don't have secrets and don't care but I find it awkward. I'm a private person, I don't even go into detail w/my family and they didn't really ask to much. When they ask how is he, do I just disclose it and now to make it short and sweet? Thanks

41

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't normally go out of my way to tell people. I'm just not one to really talk about myself all that much. But if people do ask just tell the truth, and keep it short and sweet.

Something like, "im not sure if you heard or not, but X and I aren't together anymore. I'm doing really well though, thanks for asking! How have you been?"

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Thanks, I'm the same way...