Why do some cheaters come back?

If you've ever cheated on someone or have been cheated on, what are some of the reasons you or your partner came back?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Well I don't think there's one general answer to this because it will be different for each individual's situation. However, I personally feel the fact someone cheats says a lot about the person they are and how seriously they take relationships. It also shows how mature they are in my opinion. They could of communicated any problems and worked on them, or broke it off if they weren't honestly in it 100%, but they choose to betray someone they "care about".

With that said I'm more inclined to think in general they want a quick hook up. If not that, they may realize the mistake they made and wish they had what they once had. Maybe there are more reasons and maybe there are people who don't fit into my generalization, but this is my opinion based on my own experiences.

1|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 4

• often times a person who cheats isn't doing so because of a distinct dislike of the person they are with but some other reason (insecurity and the desire for attention, variety, poor self control, etc) so them coming back makes sense since more often than not the do still have feelings for the person they cheated on

0|0
    0|0
  • My ex tried to come back because she realized how good how I was and regretted cheating. I told her to take a long walk off a short pier.

2|1
    0|0
  • They realized that what they did was wrong and that you really are the right person for them.

0|0
    0|0
  • Because its co-dependence.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 2

• Because the people who were cheated on let them COME BACK. They learn that there is no consequence for their actions and the person that they cheated on, don't necessarily care. So they can cheat as much as they want, and go back to the relationship whenever they want. Because the person they cheated on will never leave them.

2|0
    0|0
  • Because they realized they screwed up terribly and now want forgiveness.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes