I'm 29 years old and my parents won't stop interfering in my relationship! What do I do?

My ex broke up with me because there was too much "drama". Every ounce of drama was caused by my mother, because no one is good enough for me. She will lie and manipulate every guy I bring home, and I can't take it anymore. My recent ex, who I was very in love with won't even talk to me. It's been the silent treatment for 2 months. he blocked my number, my Facebook , everything. When we initially broke up I tried so hard to stop it. I told him the things my mother said were a lie, and he just wouldn't believe me. His response was " What mother would lie about their kid?". To make matters worse, he saw my dad at a bar a few weeks after and offered to buy my dad a drink. My dad is one of those guys that just does whatever his wife says, so in the midst of his half drunk conversation with him, he decided to add more fuel in with my mothers lies. My parents have always been a handful. I grew up watching my brothers while they were out partying, going to concerts and getting plastered. It's like white trash behavior only my parents have money and plenty of it. I'm so hurt by all of them. This isn't the first relationship they have destroyed on me and I don't know if my ex will ever come back. Any advice? Anyone? It's at a point where I'm scared to even have a boyfriend. I've already blocked my parents from all my social media, and try to avoid them whenever possible. They always find out though, and make sure they stick their noses right in the middle of things.

22

Most Helpful Guy

• Do you live with you parents? I take it that from what you've said this is a yes, I moved out when I was 19 (OK I had to because our house was sold; long story) and apart from living with my mum and her step dad for a couple of years out of the last decade, I've not been dependant on them and im not now. If your parents or mother in this case is this much of a problem, you need to move out, you are nearly 30 and there's no reason to still be living under their roof. You are an adult and have been for sometime, since you can't change other people and ultimately they have a say if you are under their roof, its upto you to do something about it

• I haven't lived with them since I was 18. I'm not stupid.

• And I quote "she will lie and manipulate every guy I bring home" but if they are going back to yours and not your mum and dads, why do your parents even have to know about who you are dating? If you aren't living at home and your parents give you this much hassle why get them involved at all, its none of their busniness.

• Well it reaches a point where they want to meet your family. That's why I said " bring home".