Is ex-girlfriend playing mind games with me?

Hi. My ex-girlfriend ended our one year relationship 2 weeks ago saying we don't have a future together. I loved her but she was very controlling (didn't let me see my friends) and got verbally abusive towards the end. She has been treated badly by her past boyfriend.

So I started going out with my friends again, exercising, training etc without contacting her. She then contacted me asking if I loved her I would have chased her instead of heading to the gym to forget her.

I told her if you don't want to be with me, let me go. Then she texted me this:

"I would give us some break now. And let see how its going to feel after some time like a month or so. i think after that time we both will know what we want from each other and if there will still be feelings".

I said fine and went out this weekend. One of my female friends used the photo of me and her dancing as her new Facebook profile (just mates. nothing else). So my ex messaged me this morning saying:

"Haha free man, you are now in profile picture of. I wonder what plans she has ready for you..."

I texted back - its nothing..

My question - I still love her but am trying to move on if she doesn't want me. If she doesn't love me let me be. Do you thing she still got feelings for me or is she trying to play mind games?

What would you do?

Thank you for your advice guys. Very helpful :)

21

Most Helpful Girl

• She's playing games with you. She's waiting to see if someone better comes along... if not, you're there to fall back on. You said she's controlling... she's trying to control you even when you're not together. That's a huge red flag! If you let her do this to you then you will be miserable! Consider the break up a gift and move on!

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE