How often do you think of your first love?

Also, are you over them? And when did the relationship end?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• almost every minute of every day right now. I will always love her but I know I have to find a way to move on. My divorce was final on 1/14/14 after 20 years of marriage and 25 years together (25 years 4 days).
    We met January 10, 1989. I was set to go into the Air Force and she had signed up as well. She was a senior in high school and I was 20. our recruiter took us to Wright Patterson Air Force base museum in Ohio. She wanted to get out of school and I didn't have anything else to do. neither of us cared about planes so we spent the day together. I had promised myself I would go into the Air Force without any girlfriend (no a hard promise to make). But after that day I asked her out before we left the museum. We did some heavy making out that night when we got back. We spent every day together for the next month until I went into the service on 2/14. I came home on May 21 on a 3 day weekend and proposed.
    We made plans a couple of times to get married but they got pushed back for one reason or another (not enough money, no decent job...). Finally after 5 years we got married.
    I have 3 sons with her. we had our ups and downs. She was the one that wanted the divorce. I wanted nothing to do with it. We spent about a year and a half with an on/off -again divorce looming over our heads. so it was just final 2 months ago. I have never lived on my own. You cannot really count the military because you are fed, clothed and given a room. I can count on 1 hand how many women I have gone on dates with in my life. I had sex once in a drunken trist when I was 19. other then that I have only been with my wife. I found out she cheated on me at the end of the relationship even though we had a final date. There was an incident last year where the wife caught her calling the husband hundreds of times. I believed her that she didn't do anything because I wanted us to stay together. but I now know she cheated then also.
    But I still love her with all of my being.

1|0
    0|0
    • this made me really sad :(

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 3

• I don't really think about her at all. I see her on an irregular basis, since she attends the same school. And yes, I'm quite over it already and unfortunately for me, it never really reached relationship status with her, since it was one sided.

0|0
    0|0
  • every second... we broke up couple days ago and she was legit my first love. I love her and miss her... but i can't do anything but wait

1|0
    0|0
  • Every day of my life. We broke up almost 5 years ago and I've been in a relationship since, but always go back to thinking of her...

0|0
    0|0
    • do you still have feelings for her?

• Show All
    • sorry i meant to put *do

• I'm single at the moment. I've had a girlfriend since that break-up though.

What Girls Said 5

• All the time because I married him. He was my first and only.

2|0
    0|0
  • i'm very far from how i used to feel about him so maybe this is called being over him. i think about him from time to time.

0|0
    0|0
  • Not often.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes i still think about him. It's kinda complicated since we were never really together but it's like we both wanted to (I think). We had met our freshman year of high school. We talked throughout the years and got to know each other a little better, every school year we only had one class together. Anyway our senior year he started to act different with me not like a friend more like someone you have a crush on. The point being that since it was our senior year we were both busy I left a few months before graduating and didn't see him after that. He wanted to see me and because something always came up we never got the chance to talk. He went away to college i stayed in our home town but recently moved closer to his college. It's been 4/5 years since then I haven't seen him since. I miss him and think about him every now and then.

Now after so long he called me for New Years I told him I moved and where and now he wants to come see me. Again its been a really long time so I don't have my hopes up, I have my guard up though.

0|0
    0|0
  • All day every day. But I'm afraid I don't quite meet the target audience I think this question was intended for because we're still together - have been for six years.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes