How often do you think of your first love?

Also, are you over them? And when did the relationship end?

54

Most Helpful Guy

• almost every minute of every day right now. I will always love her but I know I have to find a way to move on. My divorce was final on 1/14/14 after 20 years of marriage and 25 years together (25 years 4 days).
    We met January 10, 1989. I was set to go into the Air Force and she had signed up as well. She was a senior in high school and I was 20. our recruiter took us to Wright Patterson Air Force base museum in Ohio. She wanted to get out of school and I didn't have anything else to do. neither of us cared about planes so we spent the day together. I had promised myself I would go into the Air Force without any girlfriend (no a hard promise to make). But after that day I asked her out before we left the museum. We did some heavy making out that night when we got back. We spent every day together for the next month until I went into the service on 2/14. I came home on May 21 on a 3 day weekend and proposed.
    We made plans a couple of times to get married but they got pushed back for one reason or another (not enough money, no decent job...). Finally after 5 years we got married.
    I have 3 sons with her. we had our ups and downs. She was the one that wanted the divorce. I wanted nothing to do with it. We spent about a year and a half with an on/off -again divorce looming over our heads. so it was just final 2 months ago. I have never lived on my own. You cannot really count the military because you are fed, clothed and given a room. I can count on 1 hand how many women I have gone on dates with in my life. I had sex once in a drunken trist when I was 19. other then that I have only been with my wife. I found out she cheated on me at the end of the relationship even though we had a final date. There was an incident last year where the wife caught her calling the husband hundreds of times. I believed her that she didn't do anything because I wanted us to stay together. but I now know she cheated then also.
    But I still love her with all of my being.

• this made me really sad :(