Need advice on how to break up with a sweet guy?

I met a guy from an online dating site and the first time I met him, I felt like I was really into him. We've gone on a few dates since then, and already I'm realizing that my guard is up and I'm placing distance between us.

He's a perfectly nice guy. A total gentleman, and that's refreshing in this age where I feel like men have forgotten how to treat women. However, I feel like I'm settling in some senses. Like we don't share the same views on certain key things, like religion and politics. Initially, I didn't think this was going to bother me, because otherwise he's a great guy, but it does. A lot more than I expected it to.

I don't want to lead him on. I know he's really into me though (a lot more than I am into him) and I would like to end the relationship as cleanly as possible. It's only been less than a month, but my gut feeling is telling me this isn't the right person. I've ignored that feeling before with someone else, and ended up wishing I hadn't, and I'd like to not make that same mistake twice.

Could anyone give me some advice on this? Again, he's not a bad guy or anything. I'm just not feeling any click.

52

Most Helpful Girl

• Simple, be honest. Tell him, "I've really enjoyed getting to know you and I think you're a great guy, but at this time I'd like to continue meeting and dating other people, I think we have some differences that would keep us from being a successful happy couple, good luck to you, take care!" Boom, done. Nice, honest, and outta here.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE