Why would I be unblocked by my ex? Please help.?

I understand my ex is very caring of me and pretty much use to be obsessed with me (could not be strong enough emotionally to just end our relationship when we were both struggling because of it). BUT...

He broke it off about a week ago and it ended really bad cause he did the silent treatment out of nowhere, so i obsessively messaged him in worry, which he retaliated immaturely saying he's never going to talk to me again & offically blocked me on all accounts (previously had blocked all numbers but then had blocked both my Facebook accounts). I was worried something bad had happened to him, but eventually threatened him w hurting myself so that threw him off the edge.

It's been 2 days over a week since he last said anything. I noticed the other day he had unblocked me cause I found his profile on a friends.

I know there's a high chance he still loves me, and I know for sure he still cares... but I dont get why he'd unblock me but not say ANYTHING to me. He hasent messaged me at all. Is this his way of being cruel? as to say "Hey you see I unblocked u, which gives u access to trying to message me again. Either get upset again and obsessive, or just take the cold truth its just over babe."

His mom was always very involved in our relationship or at least with us as individuals. I told her 3 days ago I had to call ambulance and police on my friend cause she went crazy (she suffers from borderline personality and self harmed in which my hands were covered in blood trying to help her) but she never said anything. I doubt she told him though. Even if she told him, why would he just unblock me to not say anything.

I dont get it. Is he trying to be cruel?

I don't understand. Please help me understand.

10