Is clicking on emails from other women but not responding considered cheating?

Me and my bf have been going out for almost 2 and a half years. He is 54 and I am 50. We don;t live together, he has an apartment and i have my own house. I accidently saw his emails in his computer and he has been getting emails from this women but he just clicks onto them and does not respond. I accidently found out his password and I feel like a sneak. So now I am spying on him. The reason is because in the begiginning of our relationship my ex bf hacked into his email and found out that he has been to online dating sites. I confronted him and he promised he would not do it again and that is why I need to spy on him. When he goes to his emails why does he skip over hers and puts everything in his inbox in his trash? Then he clicks onto her emails later but does not respond? Is he trying to cheat on me or is he looking for something else?
Updates:
I forgot to tell everyone that he responded in 11/2013 to the email by saying hey.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• If he isn't responding then I wouldn't consider it cheating. I think he has the right to read the email before deleting it. Is it the same woman, or multiple women?

I would say that you accidentally saw his email and noticed the emails. Don't tell him you've been spying. Also, stop spying on him. You're violating his privacy. You wouldn't want him reading your emails without your knowledge. Tell him you saw the emails and just ask him about them and tell him it was an accident that you saw them, but what's done is done and they made you uncomfortable. It's what you should have done when you first noticed them. You don't "need to spy on him," you need to talk to him.

If it turns out it's nothing, he's guilty of nothing and your guilty of violating his privacy and his trust.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 4

• is it cheating? no it's snooping and a bad sign of a lack of trust inyour relationship which is just as bad as cheating.

I don't know what he's doing but the fact that he's talking to other women or at least receiving their emails, and on dating sites... meanwhile you are getting people to hack into his account are just really bad signs for the prospects of a healthy relationship

0|0
    0|0
  • Not cheating but that dating site keep an eye on

0|0
    0|0
    • He responded to the email in 11/2013 by saying hey

• I don't find it to be cheating.

0|0
    0|0
  • I wouldn't consider that cheating, and it really isn't my business if my girlfriend reads mail sent to her. I know guys are going to be talking to her in real life, and as long as she isn't giving them any attention back I don't see her as doing anything wrong by being the receiving attention from others.

I would likely read an email sent to me, out of curiosity alone. There wouldn't be any darker meaning to it.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 3

• No as long as he isn't with her and even replying to the emails wouldn't be considered cheating unless the emails are kinky or flirty.

0|0
    0|0
  • What if he's deleting his responses

0|0
    0|0
    • No because if he responds and deletes it and she replies, his reply will be in the email that he receives from her.

• And what if they don't hit reply and just create a new message. But then again I don't know what the ladies are saying either to confirm infidelity or not if he really isn't responding at all, there is nothing that is bad about just reading the message unless he's purposely giving out his email

• He's not responding, so no I wouldn't consider it cheating. It's shady, sure, but that seems to be as far as it goes. As someone who's dealt with something similar, I can understand your worry and reservation. But, you are older. Yes, you've been with him for 2 and a half years, but at your age do you really want to waste your time with someone that causes you such worry? I don't mean that to sound insulting at all (so I'm sorry if it does)! I just mean that he's old enough to know not to play games.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes