Is it wrong to confront your ex?

One month ago, my ex breaks up with me, over the phone, and hangs up before I can say anything. We still see each other on campus sometimes and she just ignores me. It was an all so sudden break-up where just the day before we were laughing and having a good time.

I still think about it almost everyday of where the hell things went wrong and what happened. Would it be wrong for me to just straight up force a confrontation the next time we cross paths?

What Girls Said 2

• It wouldn't be wrong, I guess, but I wouldn't recommend it. You're hoping that she will say something to soothe your pain, like that she misses you or that it's not you or something. What she did to you was really sh*tty, and unfortunately, there's really nothing you can do. I know from experience that she's not going to give you what you're looking for; when an ex broke up with me a couple years ago, I contacted him seeking closure. In response he was condescending, unapologetic, and made me feel like an idiot. This isn't about closure, it's about you wanting to be close to her. You're clinging to the hope that it's all a big misunderstanding. I know how much this sucks, because I've been there, but I strongly suggest that you maintain your dignity and leave her alone. Trust me, you'll be glad you did once your over her and have a clear head.
    Good luck and keep your chin up! This too shall pass.

• I don't think that would be wise because she doesn't want to talk to you... thats why she is ignoring you. And she is cold as ice as a way to stick to her decision and move on. I know its extremely hurtful for you right now, but even if you DID talk to her, there is nothing she could say to make you feel better. There is no excuse that will suddenly alleviate your anger or sadness. Its difficult to not say anything, but I would leave it alone. All you would experience is her rejection all over again.

Get a journal and write out your feelings. Hang with friends. Participate in fun activities. But I wouldn't approach her about it. I would show my emotions regarding it in the slightest... at least not to her face. Ever. She is probably expecting you to lose your sense and get angry, yell, beg etc. Do the OPPOSITE.

What Guys Said 0