Miserable without him. How to get over him?

We went out for almost nine months. He left me out of the blue saying he felt distant. I wanted to work things out but he said its best he moves on. We had a good relationship. I was his first in everything. We never fought that month and even though I saw him that day he brought up break up over text. He said that day we would workout in two days so I left my shoes at his house. A weird heart breaking break up. He went out with this girl soon after in like two days. I couldn't believe it. How could he forget me so easily? He's just 18. I'm 19 (turned this January). So he's still young and I'm just his first. I want him to come back... Realize everything I've done and the effort I put. I know that won't happen. I try to keep myself busy but at the end of the day I cry and miss him. I can't go throughout the day without hearing his voice in my head saying "Slurp the noodle like the dog movie" something he used to say in different accents to cheer me up... I can't go to sleep without thinking of his birthday next month. I told him I was going out of town but actually while he's out with his dad in the morning I was going to fill his room with balloons and make him breakfast. Surprise him and take him out to go kayaking. Then go home to a big surprise birthday party. His mom and I were planning I was going to bake a German Chocolate ice cream cake... I can't sleep without picturing him and her together. Knowing she makes him feel more perfect than I ever did. And with every breath I take I love him more and more and break. That me giving up things I loved for him, cooking for him, giving him rides, buying him stuff because he bought me a lot of stuff and coming over anytime he was sick wasn't enough to keep him. That I should of known my sarcastic attitude would be the death of us. I hate looking at the calendar knowing it would of been our tenth month this month. I don't know how else to cope...

22

Most Helpful Guy

• There was one thing you said that revealed what I think was going on. Nobody gets out of a relationship, gets over that person, and then manages to find somebody else all in the span of two days. If a guy goes through all of that in such a short amount of time, it means that the girl was already there, and you just didn't know it. I'm not saying he was cheating on you or anything, I just think that he saw another girl that he wanted and started thinking with the wrong head. This is in no way your fault. As far as your sarcastic attitude goes, that's not something you should really worry about. Sarcasm can sometimes help a relationship when used in the right context. If it's joking sarcasm, that's a good thing. However, if by sarcastic attitude you meant always coming off as being angry at something, then that's bad sarcasm, and that is something you need to work on.

• He's big on swearing to God because he's a big catholic. He swore he never cheated on me or looked at another girl. However with more digging I found out while he was at a trip she pounced on him even though he made it clear he was not interested. I question it still because he doesn't go for girls like that. Ever since elementary there had been a specific kind of girl he goes for. Shorter than him and a "mutt". Made it clear to his family he did not want a white girlfriend because they are unattractive. He has been stating that since he was little. She is taller than him he's 5'9 she's 6'3 and is white with pink hair. Not his average girl.