Were divorcing over that? What would you do in my situation?

Ok here goes, me and my husband have been married for almost 6 years. It has been a rough ride like most marriages. For the first 4 and a half years things were great, we respected each others boundaries, wishes, wants and needs (so I thought). Well last year in February , we ended up separating over different reasons. long story short, we separated for about 4 months then got back together. We were back to together this month, for almost a year. But 3 days ago we got into a debate about other husbands and wives and trust. So he asked me if I would trust him if he went alone with his buddies to a month long binge drinking festival. I said no I would not trust you. Basically for 3 days after that comment (and constant fighting and arguing) he told me since I don't trust him 100% that he wants a divorce. SO instead of trying to help me to trust him more, he tells me he wants it to be over. So as of yesterday we are single, I looked in his Facebook and he's already hitting up other females. So I think this is his way of getting out of the marriage to be free. Any ideas? If you want more details I have plenty more.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Divorcing someone over an answer to a dumb hypothetical question is foolish and immature. I would set him on fire.

2|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 2

• I'm so confused over this question... how does one leave a job for an entire month to go binge drinking?

That being said, yes - he was looking for any excuse to get out of the marriage. You'll likely be better off for it.

1|0
    0|0
    • Yea I am still confused by it too, that's why I think it sounds like a lame ass excuse to be single. Your right I will be better off, I would hate to have spent more of my life with him when he didn't even want that. Thank you for your kind comment.

• He's wanting to cheat = not marriage material from the get go
    You were lucky to get 4 years out of this guy
    No surprise if found out he was heavy flirting or cheating around during the first break up
    The guys month out is ALWAYS a covert hedonist party where anything goes; some go to "Vegas" = The Mustang Ranch

I am reading he's no enough fun to put up with all that, so block him on Facebook , box up anything memorable, begin a new life PRONTO and lock your heart away from him - communicate via friends not phone.

1|0
    0|0
    • I don't think he was leaving hisjob for a month I think it was a cover up so he can do his dirt behind her back

What Girls Said 2

• If does sound to me like he was fishing for a reason to get out of the marriage.

I understand that letting a marriage go is hard, but in this situation you're going to be stronger for it and it will be best to cut your losses. He sounds immature! Sorry you're going through this, but I believe that you're going to be better and stronger when you get rid of him.

1|0
    0|0
  • you were 100% correct in not trusting him so that meant he could not get away with it being married.. let the twat go.. he will be alone in the end.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes